Chapter 7

SAM

I scramble to get up, my aching bones gave out as soon as I tried. After a little bit of resting, I hoist myself up, scrambling to even stand straight.

The tree's are big... the surroundings, very muddy. The grass was barely even there and the forest trees were too huge for me to see the rest of the place. The only thing accompanying me was the dangerous hissing sounds of the jungle.

"damn..." The one who hisses out of pain though, is me. "Shit."

I clench my finger which aches with any trying movement. It grew purple and blustery,---it's broken, I realize. I wrap it together with my other finger with my hoodie string for stability and to keep its movement small.

Looking around for a bit more I find my bag hidden among a pile of shrubs; I reach my non hurting hand out to grab it in haste.

I grabbed my bag that was now soaked in forest gunk.

"I hope other's survived." I tried the best I could to get them out...

I decide it's definitely not safe to be here given I don't know anything about the place. I move forwards towards the quieter space among the sounds I'm hearing.

Venturing unknowingly deeper into the forest. hearing strange sounds and whatnot, it sorta scares me.

The attendant Lady said it was 9 hours away from San Francisco right?

If I could build a raft, I could get out of here. I started to have hope that this wouldn't end up like one of those movie scenarios in which I die, or get eaten by a giant snake that just chases me persistently for no reason.

I hop, regretfully, over a fallen tree and land on muck. I shake my shoes to try and get the gunk off, and end up flinging it onto my jacket instead, giving up. As I keep on walking and the noise dwindles down my mouth starts to get dry.

Now, i am not just being all dramatic. Like, it's very very hot. In a jungle in the summer, it is very. Hot.

I smack my lips from the dryness and try to avoid my stomach hurting and scrunching up.

shit.

my stomach got progressively worse. if i don't drink, i think pass out. I gulp down my saliva and end up making my stomach hurt more, telling me that wasn't enough.

I take the moment to hope I've brought a water bottle, searching through my bag and finding nothing. I look everywhere around me. passing over things, and dodging trees. it's humid, hot and stressful, i can't.

I pant and heave; making everything oh so worse for me. I opt to slowly take in breaths to not take in so much hot air, slumping my body down, squatting, under the shade of the tree. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and wipe the sweat on my hand on my jacket that I now have tied around my waist.

slumped down just enough not to touch the ground with my bum.

sssss...

Sssssssssssss....

...hear that?

That's the sun searing me.

'i think i'm growing delirious.' I thought.

I kept going because I heard the splashing of waves. How lucky am i? I regained some of my strength and hurled forward towards my goal of water. head towards that sound.

'damn.' I smack my lips and look at the beach surrounding me. I feel like falling on my knees and weeping, but I think better of it and hurry quickly towards the sea—-the water.