Chapter 8

Naruto: Talking/ Thinking

Kurama: Talking/Thinking

The next day...

At 10 am, Sasuke and Sakura were at Training Ground 7, waiting for their Sensei and their teammate, Narumi.

Like the first timeline, they didn't eat breakfast. Narumi was a bit surprised, she thought that since she hadn't met Sakura at all. The treatment would change a bit and it was true... what she was surprised by is that Sasuke didn't brood too much like in the last timeline.

"Hey guys, Good Morning," Kakashi said while waving.

"You're late!!" Sakura shouted.

"At least it's better than him being Hatake late" Narumi simply replied with her hands crossed.

"Hatake Late?" Sakura asked with her head tilted.

Sasuke and Kakashi both look at her in confusion.

"Huh~~ According to the other Jounins, Chounins, and Anbus, Kakashi-Sensei has been late for at least 3 hours. But, he only ever was on time or a maximum of 30 minutes late without fail if he had to meet up with me.  Now, he is only 30 minutes late." Narumi explained.

Kakashi took out an alarm clock.

"Okay, it's set for noon," Kakashi said.

Sasuke and Sakura both have a confused face. Well, Sasuke didn't show it while Sakura did. Narumi as usual gave a bored look.

Kakashi then took out 2 bells.

"Here are 2 bells... Your task is to take these from me before noon. Those who cannot get the bells by noon... get no lunch. I'll tie you to one of those stumps and eat right in front of you." He explains.

"So this is why he told us not to eat," Sakura and Sasuke thought while their stomachs grumbled.

Narumi signs and gives him a deadpan look.

"You only need to get one bell. There are only 2, so one of you will be tied to a stump. And the person who doesn't take a bell fails... So, at least one of you will be returned to the Academy." Kakashi explains.

Sakura and Sasuke were nervous. But Narumi was thinking of a few steps she could do. She smirks on the inside while thinking over her plan. It's risky but she can handle it just fine. If he wants teamwork? he will get it...

"You can even use your shurikens. You won't succeed unless you come at me intended to kill" Kakashi added.

"But, you'll be in danger" Sakura alarmed.

"  Even if we could use dangerous weapons, it won't be a problem since we are facing a Jounin, he should be able to dodge a few weapons... If he was in danger and couldn't dodge the weapons, he wouldn't be a Jounin in the first place," Narumi said bluntly.

"Well, let's get going. Ready... START!!" Kakashi said.

Sakura and Sasuke went into hiding. Narumi switched the bells with the disguised 2 rocks that were tied up and put in the Genjutsu without anyone knowing then went into hiding while perfectly concealing every drop of her Chakra. She did all that without being noticed.

Kakashi then took out his Icha-Icha Paradise. 

He tried to sense where they were hiding. He could perfectly sense Sakura and Sasuke although able to conceal their Chakra... but Narumi was on a different level because he couldn't find her at all.

He first targets Sakura by using a D-Class Genjutsu.

" huh? What was that? What's going on? Where's sensei?" Sakura asked.