Chapter 9

Naruto: Talking/ Thinking

Kurama: Talking/Thinking

With the 3rd Hokage...

He is sitting with Mr. Iruka...  Mr. Iruka invites the 3rd Hokage for lunch to talk about Sakura and Sasuke's team. 

"What is it that you wanted to ask that you invited me to lunch?" The 3rd asked.

"The Jounin for Sakura, Sasuke, and their unknown 3rd member of Team #7, what kind of sensei is he? Is he strict?" He asked.

"The 3rd member of Team #7? You must be talking about Narumi-Chan, Narumi Uzumaki." 3rd started.

"As for their Jounin sensei? Their Jounin sensei is Kakashi...?" He added.

" You're worried? Here! Here is the list of his past students and their records." He also added.

Mr.Iruka took it from his hand and started flipping pages from the book. To say that he is shocked is an understatement, he was flabbergasted and speechless.

Back to Narumi and Team 7...

"Narumi, what do you mean that sensei want us to quit being a ninja? and call me Sakura not Haruno" Sakura asked

"Okay, Sakura... and what I meant by him wanting us to quit being a ninja because he thought that we are punks who don't deserve to be ninjas... This test's main objective is Teamwork and the reason why there were 2 bells, to begin with, is purely to make us go against each other... he wants to see if we will forget about our interests and help our comrades. It was essentially impossible for us to beat a Jounin considering he has more experience than us. However, if we work as a team, we might have a small chance of beating him" Narumi stated.

" Narumi-Chan is correct yet again" Kakashi replies.

Narumi just stay quiet and look below..

"Why don't you explain more about teamwork, and to remind you... Sakura and Uchiha-San and I just met yesterday" Narumi said.

"Sasuke... call me Sasuke not Uchiha, Narumi"Sasuke said.

he feels so done although it is only the second time Narumi called him Uchiha.

Narumi nodded.

"So, mind explaining it more to us?" She asked.

"The duties are done by the team. Of course, superior individual ability is important to a ninja. But what's even more important is 'teamwork'. Individual play that disrupts the team can put your comrades in danger. And even you get killed. " Kakashi stated.

"For example..."He started.

Kakashi immediately took out a Kunai.

"Sakura!! Kill Narumi!!  Or Sasuke dies!!" He added.

That took Sakura off guard while Narumi had an emotionless expression. Kakashi put the Kunai back into his pouch. Sakura calmed down after that.

"You see? If a hostage is taken, you will have tough choices and then die. You will be risking your lives in these duties." Kakashi stated.

But before he walked away, he stopped where he was and then turned towards them.

"Look at this. The numerous names that are carved on this stone. These are ninjas who are recognized as heroes of the village." He started.

He walks toward a memorial stone about 2 km away from them.

"This is a memorial. My best friend's name is also carved here..." He added.