───ㅤ𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟢𝟨ㅤꔠ

the next hour jeongguk was in front of jaejoon, crying out loud as he raised questions at the older male, “even after being a big figure, when you said that you want to an employee of yours as your son-in-law, i was truly moved by your greatness

the next hour jeongguk was in front of jaejoon, crying out loud as he raised questions at the older male, “even after being a big figure, when you said that you want to an employee of yours as your son-in-law, i was truly moved by your greatness. but here, just to satisfy your son's needs you want a poor boy from your office. i didn't expect that from you!” the brunette was feeling betrayed while jaejoon was just hanging his head down.

“please, don't make me more embarrassed than i already am, gguk-ah! i had no intention of betraying you,” the ceo was trying to make the raged male explain.

“then why did you do it?! why didn't you say that your son wants such a marriage which is based on a one-year agreement?!” jeongguk dangerously burst out at his boss who let out a defeated sigh.

“no father in the universe might have faced the dilemma i am facing. what to say even? i sent him to usa for studies, so that he wouldn't feel the absence of his mother. but due to not living in his country, he became detached from his culture and traditions.

“he doesn't even know the difference between the sacred vows and mere empty words. he thinks that a wedding ring is something you can put on and take off as per your liking, it doesn't matter to him. that's why i was unable to understand how i should convince him for the marriage. to make him understand the difference between right and wrong.

“he doesn't even have his mom to make him understand. then your face flashed in my mind. if you become his spouse, then it would take only a moment to make him aware of the things. that's why i didn't mention the agreement to you,” jaejoon explained everything to jeongguk in a helpless tone and with sad eyes.

“still, you used me! you took advantage of my poverty! you put my life at stake for the sake of your son's happiness! i will never forgive you, sir! instead of being your rich son’s mistress, i should just kill myself!” jeongguk was crying non-stop as he uttered the bitter words to which jaejoon just shut his eyes in shame and disappointment.

no matter what, jaejoon never had any right to choose jeongguk just to mend his son's recklessness and foreign beliefs. if anything, the brunette did have the right to know about everything before the marriage proposal was put before him. jeongguk naively trusted the ceo only to have it broken like that. “i am leaving, sir. thank you so much for this,” jeongguk uttered in a broken voice as he left the cabin.

××××××××

at jeongguk's house, mina suddenly came out of her room feeling nauseous as she was on the verge of vomiting. she immediately went to the bathroom to empty her stomach. jiyun, who was doing house chores, seemed to observe everything and soon she knew something was wrong.

the older sister approached the younger one with a serious face. seeing the expression only, mina got scared and started to spill the beans, “unnie, please, don't be mad. but i made a grave mistake. please, forgive me!” mina started to cry as she hugged jiyun whose eyes widened in realization. it was obvious that vihaan and mina did the deed and mina was pregnant before marriage.

hearing mina’s loud cries, mrs. jeon and jungwon came running to them only to hear jiyun rebuking the younger girl, “mina! what have you done!? we already have so many problems in our lives! don't you know that?! and you!”

mrs. jeon turned mina to herself and started to curse her, “stupid, idiot, you little shit! what have you done?!” mrs. jeon was slapping her continuously as she tried to explain while crying. the mother was no better, all three of the females were crying at the sudden shocking news. they did not know how to cope with it when they were already going through poverty and having a tough time with everything.

“mom, stop. what are you doing? if you scream like that, everyone will know!” jiyun tried to stop their mother from slapping mina. just as they were talking, jeongguk arrived at home.

“she made such a mistake that i can't even show my face to anyone.” mrs. jeon cried out, already many people were against them and looked at them with judging and cunning eyes. they could not afford more of that. hearing the commotion, jeongguk hurriedly came towards them.

“you! it's all your fault! you came here from your in-laws and now spoiled the younger one. and she! became pregnant before marriage!” mrs. jeon suddenly started to blame jiyun as she kept hitting her own forehead with her palm in frustration and misery. “why don't you just die?! maybe then i can get some peace!” mrs. jeon was speaking whatever her mouth spit without thinking before. but could we blame her? she was just clueless about everything.

jiyun was crying hard, unable to take her mother's harsh words. she immediately ran towards the kitchen and locked the door. jeongguk started to bang on the door as he asked out, “noona! what are you doing?! noona?!” the brunette panicked as he heard the sound of something pouring and jiyun crying miserably. “jungwon!” the older brother called the younger male to help him to open the door. everyone else gathered beside them.

soon they brought out a screwdriver and hammer to open the door lock. while jiyun, who previously poured kerosene on herself, was then finding a matchbox to burn herself. however, as she attempted to do so, just at that time, jeongguk and jungwon burst open the door only to see jiyun attempting to take her life.

“noona! what were you doing?!” jeongguk yelled at his older sister who just kept crying on jeongguk’s shoulder as she hugged the male. jeongguk just patted her back while tears were glistening in his eyes.

jeongguk was sitting in his room and was in a great dilemma. he was rethinking everything. what to do? what not to do? how to come out of the miseries? he was unable to figure anything out. he recalled jaejoon's words regarding his marriage and family. jeongguk was conflicted about whether or not to reconsider the matter or not. he just sighed heavily with tears in his eyes as he decided something. something he never wanted to do, but he was helpless due to his family’s situation.

××××××××

××××××××

assalamu alaikum. here you go, another new chapter! hope you liked and enjoyed it. stay tuned and take care. allah hafeez.

— rieka.