Chapter 1:

We all know that magic will never exist; it just can't. Everything that is related to the category of fantasy will never exist. How do we know if magic exists, if the mythical creatures wouldn't want to eat everyone alive? How do we know if the fantasy and fictional creatures we read aren't the correct versions? But no unicorn can eat us alive because fantasy and all that does not exist and never will. Who would believe that? Besides, the most popular fantasy book is Harry Potter. It and the Wizarding World don't exist... right? What if I tell you that in my book, one girl with an overwhelming responsibility and mysterious past could change all that?

Our magical adventure starts in England with an ordinary girl, or not? This girl lived in a substantial, mediocre-sized house with a beautiful garden. Next to the house, a glistening and aqua-blue river can be seen, leading to a town. No more houses were around her home because she lived in a forest, with the sun shining in the summer. The greenery created a sense of peace and joyfulness. The house was white with vivid and blooming flowers and bushes, giving off a sweet fragrance in the forest.

A forest usually has many trees close to each other, but the trees were very far apart in the girl's area, and the grass looked like a juicy green meadow, flat. Next to it, a river glistened and sparkled in the sun, where she hung around most of her time. She loved where her house was placed, her area and the birds chirping their melody.

Y/n's favorite books are the Harry Potter ones, the most popular books on the planet! She would love to go to the Wizarding World; being there for 3 seconds was enough, but she knows that dimension doesn't exist, and she has to accept it; besides, life is fantastic without magic.

One morning, Y/n was sitting next to the river, admiring it. The floor was bright green and flat while birds chirped their usual melody. It was sunny; the soft breeze whistled, and the trees rustled. She stared at her reflection in the crystal clear river. She sat there for an hour and inhaled the fresh air; sometimes, it felt like she inhaled too much as if her chest was about to explode. Her stomach growled, meaning it was time for lunch, and she had to set the table.

Y/n walked back to her house, leaving the aqua-blue water as it was. She took off her shoes and went into the kitchen. When she came, her mum preached, "Can you set the table?". Y/n answered, "Okay". After lunch, she sacked herself on the comfy grey sofa with a full stomach. Her little sister asked, "Can we play?"

Y/n's sister, Khadija, was almost identical and had identical hair, eyes, and skin, but surprisingly, they were not twins. They looked the same, but their personalities were very different.

Y/n, "Sure". As Khadija and she were heading to her parent's room, Y/n caught a glimpse as a letter slid through the door slit. Y/n, "Khadija, letters fell through the door slit. I'll be right back". She went to grab the letters and found 4 of them. She saw one of them was Khadija's. As she was standing before the door, staring down at the letters, she called out, "Khadija! This letter is yours!"

She continued to the living room while her parents watched television, holding three letters in her hand. Y/n, "Dad, we got letters". She gave 2 to her father, and the last one surprised her.

As she saw her letter, she held her breath and gasped. She was mind-blown, astonished and stunned. This letter goes against the laws of science and everything she's believed in her whole life! Then, her happiness twisted into a panic. How could she be accepted? What if she can't survive there? She's not what she thinks she is... right? She can't survive without her parents! How will she make friends? Is this terrible or amazing? She didn't know what to think. Her lifelong dream was fulfilled, but was that horrifying after all? Is her life over, or is an adventure about to begin?

The letter was a parchment with green writing as if someone had written it with a quill. It was oddly exact, which was not ordinary around here, but the place she was accepted to wasn't expected; it was magical! The same letter which was in the one and only Harry Potter movies! She got accepted to... Hogwarts! She was officially a witch!?

But then her excitement slowly sunk to zero. What if someone pranked her and the letter was fake? Who would believe in magic? It never existed and never will. Did she get excited over nothing? But what if this was not a prank, her only chance to be in Hogwarts? She has to try before she loses an opportunity she might never get. Even though Harry got it repeatedly a million times in the movie and book, maybe because he was Harry Potter? What if they give up on her quickly after one letter? She couldn't risk that, so she decided to show her parents, even though she knew they'd never believe in this.

Since she started reading Harry Potter, her parents said she shouldn't get too attached to fantasy. She doesn't know if they dislike the movies, but she has to try.

Y/n confessed, "Mum, Dad, there's something wrong". She gave the letter to her dad, and he commented, "So? It's just a strange letter". Her mum asked, "What's the problem?" Y/n took a deep breath and explained nervously, "This is the letter to Hogwarts, the school of magic".

Her parents and Khadija looked at her with disbelief. Their eyes were wide open, filled with astonishment, shock, bewilderment, and puzzlement. She thought they might believe her, judging from how stunned they were. She might be able to go to Hogwarts!

Suddenly, her parents and Khadija laughed and roared as loudly as possible. As they did, her smile faded, and Y/n tried not to show a furious expression. How could they giggle?

This was serious for her, and she knew it sounded unbelievable, but did they have to laugh that loudly? Her future was on the line, and this is their reaction? But after a few seconds, she realised this was dumb.

She felt like crawling in a cave and dying there. Her dream school will never come true and shouldn't either, as if she could handle it.

Y/n felt miserable, and the smile on her face was long gone. Her parents saw that, and her mother comforted her (well, sort of..), "Y/n, how do we know this isn't your imagination?" Dad, "This is why we didn't want you to get too attached".

Suddenly, an idea struck into Y/n's mind, better said, proof. Why didn't she think of this earlier? This whole time, the answer was correct under her nose! She might have evidence, something so she could finally go to Hogwarts! She needs to go; she has to. She's been waiting too long, and this is her chance. Her hope flew to 100.

She grabbed her mother's laptop and found the first Harry Potter movie, replaying the scene where Harry got his Hogwarts acceptance letter and paused. Mum, Khadija, and Dad compared Y/n's letter to the one in the film. They looked identical, except Y/n's name was written on hers, and she was in her living room. The writing and material were the same, however. It was the same!

She was going to Hogwarts! Her time has finally come! The time she's been waiting for her whole life that no one can spoil... but her parents did precisely that. Mum, "How do we know if the letter's not fake?" Y/n's hope returned to zero, and she felt as miserable as before. Mum, "I can't stand seeing her like this anymore. We have to tell her, and we can't keep hiding the truth from her anymore". Dad, "I... I don't know. She's not going to be happy when she finds out the responsibility she'll have to carry to Hogwarts". That's strange; he never even tried to remember the name of Hogwarts; that's why Y/n said 'magic school' instead of 'Hogwarts'. She asked, "Tell me what?" Dad, "Y/n... you're a... witch".