Chapter 14:

The following day, Pf Mc announced at breakfast, "I want to see Draco Malfoy and Y/n in my office after breakfast". Y/n thought sarcastically, "Great".

Eve was done with breakfast and was wandering around the castle.

Hopefully, it's nothing serious, and she's not in trouble, but why must Malfoy come? Are they both in trouble? It's evident if Malfoy is but Y/n?

Pf. Mc, "You two are in big trouble". Malfoy and Y/n sat on their chairs in the Headmistress's office, and now Y/n wishes she hadn't come. As the words left Mc's mouth, it felt like a slap across her face.

Her eyes widened in fear, and she felt like running out of the office, finding somewhere safe. Did Mc know that Malfoy and her snuck out yesterday after curfew? Is breaking one rule going to expel her? She didn't want to overreact before she knew more about her questions. This was the only question she could come up with, "In trouble?" Y/n cursed herself for playing dumb. Mc will think she's trying to lie her way out.

Conversely, Malfoy didn't care and asked rudely, "What is your point?" Mc continued, "You two snuck out yesterday last night for whatever reason, which I don't want to discover". Y/n's face turned tomato red, and she asked herself why Minerva had to mention the last part. She saw from the corner of her eye that Malfoy's face was coloured a bit red as well.

Malfoy's never been embarrassed this way, but he tried not to react much, as if he didn't care, and Y/n wished she had that ability to do so too. Malfoy's never been to the Headmistress's office or the Headmaster's because he's never broken the rules, which made her wish being a jerk would count as disobeying them.

There was a slight pause, and before Y/n could ask something, Mc determined, "You snuck out after curfew. I'll let you go with a warning, but if this happens again, I will punish you severely, and your house points will be taken away. Fifty points will be stolen from Slytherin". As Malfoy complained, Y/n rolled her eyes, "My father will-" Pr. Mc continued, "You may leave and enjoy the rest of your school day". He was ready to argue continuously, but Mc warned him with a glare.

As they left the office, Y/n tried hurrying to her lesson, but Malfoy snatched her satchel and stomped on it as if it were garbage. Y/n shrieked, "What are you doing?" He answered, "My job". She asked, "What will it take for you to leave me alone?" He growled, "Just leave, and I'll do nothing more. We lost 50 house points because of you!" She questioned innocently, "Me?" He scoffed, "Your stupid friends made that deal!" She replied, "Because you provoked them!" He chuckled and explained, almost shouting, "Which wouldn't have happened if you weren't here! Isn't it obvious? You being here creates so many problems! Your birth is a punishment to all of us!"

She sobbed, her voice losing its tone while a big clump formed in her throat, as she felt an unbreakable tangle of knots building there, and tears fell like a gushing waterfall,

"I thought you were different than the others say. I don't understand why I am your victim. What did I do to you, Malfoy?". She looked at him disappointed, snatched her satchel and left, tears still pouring. She didn't look back and headed to her next lesson.

The whole day, she held in tears, fought against the clump in her throat and pretended she was fine in front of her friends. But when they were hanging out in the library, Eve with them, Y/n couldn't hold it in anymore, and the knot released itself, which gifted her relief. She cried her heart out, and her friends all seemed concerned about her sudden sob. They left the library, sat against the wall, and Eve comforted her. Hermoine asked, "Are you okay?" She shook her head, and Harry questioned, "What happened?" She dug for her voice deep in her soul and welp, "Malfoy happened".

All three hugged her, trying to comfort and stop her tears from flowing. She finally stopped crying and spoke, "He told me my birth was a punishment to all of you and that I don't belong here. He's been saying it for weeks, and he's made it very clear that I should leave". Hermoine explained, embracing her in a hug, "Oh, Y/n. Please don't listen to him because he is and will always be wrong. You are an amazing and talented witch, and your presence makes us happy. You have erased all my worries since the start, and we wouldn't survive without you". Harry continued, "You are special, and Malfoy's just jealous. Besides, I'm sure Pf Dumbledore will switch you to Gryffindor soon". Ron added, "You're an exceptional friend, and you're the only one who can get my mind off of food". She chuckled and thanked, "Thanks".

Y/n was glad to have the golden trio as friends; they were better than she had imagined.

Time carried on and flew by remarkably quickly. Y/n's friend and pet bond grew, and after her and Malfoy's last argument, he left her alone and didn't do his annoying daily routine. She was doing very well in her lessons, as always, alongside Hermoine. As the final days flew by, she realised how much she would miss everyone, maybe even Malfoy.

Her experience at Hogwarts was magical and adventurous, better than any school she'd ever visited. She found an enemy and friends who helped her through rough times, accompanied by her precious cat. Her house was a disappointment, but that would change next year, and it wasn't as bad as she had thought. She will miss Hogwarts more than she's ever missed anything because it has morphed into her second home. But she will come back next year, and seeing the golden trio grow up will be even better.

Y/n and the golden trio hopped on the Hogwarts Express with their trunks to head back home to the Muggle world, and she was thrilled to see her parents again. She hasn't seen her parents in a year! The four children chatted as they waited eight hours on the train, Eve demanding ear rubs from Y/n.

When they arrived, Y/n felt her excitement explosions appear while her heart beat thunderously, wondering if anyone else had heard it. She hopped off the train, picked Eve up, and desperately searched for her parents, unable to wait any longer.

Suddenly, she saw their heads peeking through the crowd and rushed through it, excusing herself repeatedly. She put Eve down, reached for her mother's hand and felt a warm tingle spread through her own. Y/n pulled into a full hug and was overjoyed as her mother embraced it. She hugged her father and tried to find her voice. "I missed you so much!" Her parents whispered, "Us too". She hugged her sister as tight.

Y/n almost forgot about her friends and saw them greeting their parents with broad smiles, except Harry. Before she left, Y/n farewelled Ron and Hermoine and both left. She came over to Harry, Eve with her family, and wanted to say goodbye before he left, "Um, hi". Vernon groaned, "Who is she?"

Harry responded, "Y/n. I'll say goodbye, and then we can leave". She continued, "Harry, it was an amazing adventure with you, Hermoine and Ron at Hogwarts. I would have never survived, and I'll see you next year". She was about to turn around and leave, but without holding herself back, she hugged him tight and whispered, "I'll miss you. Oh and don't worry, you'll survive with Petunia, Vernon and Dudley. I promise".

She finally let him go, and they farewelled each other. Y/n's family, Eve and she stepped into the sunlight. Hogwarts has much more adventure for her; she will always consider it her second home.