Seeds to Sprout (Male Reader x Mirabel Garlick)

"I suppose I could begin back when everything first started- I used to think I was a squib in my family until I turned fifteen- that's when I first manifested magic."

"Deek knows parts of this story well- Professor Fig then brought Anon to Hogwarts-?"

I smile subtly upon remembering my old Magical Theory mentor,
"Actually, my parents when Fig beforehand- so I guess it was destiny that we'd spent the following year rediscovering ancient magic and fighting the nastiest of foes-"

The house elf wrinkles his ears,
"-And saved many peoples and creatures-"

"Yes, that too- I made a lot of friends and I found a pleasant home at Hogwarts- or at the very least, this personal quarters of the Room of Requirement-"
I say with a sigh-

Deek gives me a curious expression,
"Deek is now intrigued as to why Anon has not been very happy as of late."

I stretch my arms as I lie back onto the silk green couch,
"You already know that the last two years at Hogwarts were relatively peaceful- besides the occasional summer breaks to clear out the remaining goblin and poacher forces-"

The old house elf sits up on the chair facing against me,
"Perhaps Anon feels aimless- especially since his parents do not see him very often and remains at Hogwarts despite graduation last summer-"

I form a frown, "I wouldn't say aimless- I did have a lot of choices- Professor Weasley and Hecat suggested I become an Auror or Hit Wizard- Professor Bowin and Poppy said I should try being a Magizoologist- Kogawa and Imelda practically begged for me to pursue a career in Quidditch-"

"Deek thinks Anon's choice to assist the school and the highlands is quite a noble task-"
Deek says with a small smile-

I get up with an agitating look,
"No offense Deek, but maybe I don't want to spend the rest of my life stuck here doing the same things I've been doing for the last three years-"

After seeing Deek's face, I settle down and say solemnly,
"I'm sorry Deek- I didn't mean to say it that way-"

Deek nods, "Deek perhaps does not understand- but perhaps Deek can reach out to those who can help Anon."

I then suddenly remember something important,
"Hold on- I haven't checked my owl for ages- any messages from my old classmates?"

Deek pulls out a bundle of letters,
"Indeed- Deek himself almost forgot- Shall I contact the professors for your advice?"

I ponder for a moment, "Sure... but not Professor Binns and definitely not the headmaster-"

The house elf muses this for a moment,
"Deek shall return before noon- oh, and perhaps Anon could feed the beasts of our vivarium by then?"

I give him a reassuring look before patting his small shoulder contently,
"Thank for this talk Deek- it's good to open up about certain feelings sometimes."

Deek smiles at this before disapparating.
...
It's probably for the best that Deek doesn't know about my more... questionable deeds-

As a former Slytherin, I definitely am ambitious- at least when it comes to galleons-

Deek just thinks I make an earning by running Stitches and Droughts in Hogsmeade- when most of money comes from selling magical creatures at Brood and Peck and from looting-