Chapter 5 - Birthday Mania (PT.2)

FELIX POV:

The sound of our penthouse doorbell ringing sounded like music to my ears. I dropped the Nintendo controller and sprung up from the floor.

"Lix?" Changbin asked as I smiled widely.

Not even bothering to answer him, I rushed out of the room and towards the entrance to the penthouse.

"Jakey?" I asked, turning the corner.

There was a woman standing in our doorway, with plump juicy lips and two leashes in her hand. Behind her were two dogs; a small white fluffy one that looked good for cuddles. And a bigger one that had some light brown on it with white, the perfect size for eating Jeongin.

"Layla, stop it! Calm down!" Jake stumbled out from behind the woman.

"Jake!"

"Felix!"

I ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

"You made it!" I smiled. Part of me was worried that no one would show up, because that's what happened to Changbinnie last year.

"Hoon? Jay?" Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jisung look around the corner.

Two familiar boys came running out from behind the mysterious woman. One of the boys was tall and had moles on his face, he was also holding the small white dog. The other boy was shorter and didn't have a dog in his hands.

They must be Sunghoon and Jay, Sung's friends.

"Oh!" Jake broke our little hug, making me sad. "You should meet Layla!"

"Layla?"

"Mommy?" Jake tugged on the mysterious woman's dress, which I know suppose was his mother. But they didn't even look alike. She looked like she should be running a pot making class, with her brown curly hair with blonde highlights. And her bright red lipstick. "Can I show Layla to Felix, pretty pwease?

Jake's mom sighed and handed the leash to the big doggo.

"Meet Layla!" Jake said as he moved the dog close to me.

"It's so cute! She, she's so cute!" I squealed. "You're like a little perfect angel, and you have nice fur and paws!" I stroked the dogs underside, seeming as she plopped down right on my thighs.

"You know she can't understand you, right?" Jake asked me as I made pucker lips at the dog.

"Huh? Then what does she understand?" I asked.

Wasn't Korean, like, the only language in the world? Did Layla understand Arf language, or maybe Animal language? Or...was Jake some super hero that could talk to animals?!

"Can you talk to animals!"I asked him really loudly.

"Shhh, quiet down Lixxie. No need to yell." Daddy said rubbing the top of my head. He had been talking to Dad and Jake's mommy for a while.

Jake burst out into a laughing fit leaving me confused.

"No s-silly! She speaks English." He laughed.

"That's the language Dad says when he's frustrated." I beamed, feeling proud I could relate.

"Let me show you," Jake tapped the dog's head. "Layla, sit."

The dog moved into a sitting position.

"Oh my gosh! She understands what you're saying, even though it's not Korean!"  I was beyond amazed. 

Jake started to do another command when his mom tapped him on the shoulder.

"Go find your cousins and tell them I'm leaving. Oh, and don't forget to take that little bratty dog Sunghoon takes around with him, Gaeul is it?" She snatched the leash from Jake and ushered him along.

HYUNJIN POV:

I was sitting on the floor next to Seungmin, both of us were working on this block tower together. He was humming some melody quietly to himself which I found cute.

"Kids?"

I stood up from the floor and froze.

"Can you guys come in here for something?" Daddy called from the dinning room.

I reached down for Minnie's hand and pulled him up. Both of us walked over to the dinning room. The table had been decorated in gold and silver ribbon, and the plates were all a matching gray color.

All of my brothers were there, with an addition of four new people. I suspected that they were Jisung's and Felix's friends. It was sad that Seung wasn't able to invite friends, not that he had any.

"Okay kids, hello to Sunghoon, Jay, Jake, and Lily. I am Jisungie's and Felix's Dad. I work for a producing company that works with Kpop idols, including one like ITZY and ATEEZ. A few days ago I was talking with one of my producing buddies and ATEEZ. The boy's birthday party came up and Hongjoong, the Captian of ATEEZ offered to come as a surprise for the boys. Now because my kids know, I thought you may as well!" Dad explained, rubbing his hands together. "I also just got a message that ATEEZ was leaving their company building, and heading over here. So get ready because were about to have some idols in this penthouse.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Hello everyone!!! I apologize for the lack of length in this chapter. By the time this'll be released it'll be the 25 if I'm not corrected. This chapter was completed on the 24 though, I just released it on the 25. Anyways the reason why this isn't very long, is simply because I'm not feeling too well. Sadly that means that I today I'm having a struggle with things. But who knows, maybe I'll have a random chapter out during the week. Anyways bye! Thank you for the reads and stay healthy!!!