FIFTH CHAPTER-His dearest girl fans

I saw Adrien Agreste sitting on Chloé's bed, crying. He was crying heartbreakingly, and all I could do was stand there and watch. I was taken aback, and I probably would have run away if the akuma hadn't appeared in front of him.

"No! Adrien!"

He looked up and glanced at me, then at the butterfly.

"What?"

"Just calm down. Don't let negative emotions overpower you..."

I repeated what Chat Noir had told me about akumatization.

Then I crouched down next to him and looked into his eyes.

"Take a deep breath... Everything will be okay."

At that moment, as if my words had some kind of magic, Adrien's expression changed and he wiped away his tears. The akuma then disappeared.

"Thank you, Nell."

His green eyes widened. He was visibly shocked.

"Are you okay now?"

"I am. I think I am. I can't believe I was almost akumatized..."

"Well, almost. The important thing is that you're not now."

To be honest, I surprised myself with this behavior. I really am acting like  superhero. I don't know if it's because of the feelings I'm starting to develop for Chat Noir.

But I've always cared about helping people and doing good. Sometimes I even go against myself just to help someone. I can see that it's going to come to the surface here in Paris.

Adrien didn't say anything, he just hugged me.

I froze at this unexpected gesture. And I pulled away. He smelled like some disgusting old cheese.

That's literally impossible. He's a model and even has his own perfume.

Or does that perfume need to smell like cheese?

"May I know what bothered you?"

"Just my father. He's trying really hard to have control over my life. He decides everything for me. What I'll do, how I'll behave, where I'll go... All I want is to be free from him. But that's impossible."

I stayed silent for a few seconds, trying to come up with an appropriate response.

"I'm sure your father wants the best for you."

"He actually doesn't care about me. He just uses me for his brand. I still don't know what happened to him. He's been like this since..."

He sighed.

"Since my mom died."

It hurt to hear this. This guy is going through a lot.

And he definitely doesn't deserve to experience that kind of pain.

"I'm really sorry about all of that. But I'm sure it's not easy for him either. Try to understand him. Just like I'm trying to understand you..."

His expression changed and he smiled at me. From his gaze and smile, something in my heart fluttered.

"You're definitely right, Nell... And how about you? How do you like our class?"

I almost forgot that this guy is in the same class as me.

"You all seem really nice. And I'm glad to be in class with you guys. Although... I need to work on my French. I don't understand some words."

"Take it slow. You'll learn it. You're already speaking pretty well. What would you say to me, I'm learning Chinese..."