SEVENTH CHAPTER-Pancake of manipulation

A familiar smell  woke me up. And even before I opened my eyes, I knew it was pancakes. I immediately remembered that Chat Noir was cooking in my kitchen last night. 

I opened my eyes. It was morning and Chat Noir wasn't there.

 But there was a plate of small American pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream on the table. 

"Did you make pancakes? Mom, Nell made pancakes!" 

Dorothea rushed into the living room and took one pancake from the table. Mom was getting ready for work, Dorothea for daycare, and my school was starting in just an hour. 

"You made pancakes last night?" Mom asked me suspiciously. 

"Yes. I couldn't sleep... Are they tasty?" 

Mom took a bite.

"Mm... they're really delicious. Better than what you've made before," 

I chuckled to myself and took one too. Man, Mom was right. This is so good. And she decorated them so sweetly. Aww.

 I can't. He's just so... 

"Nell?" 

Mom's voice brought me back to reality. 

"Um, what?"

"You tidied up your room last night." 

Did I? I don't remember. 

I went to my room and indeed, it was tidy. 

Clothes in the closet, moving boxes neatly stacked in the corner, books and notebooks for school neatly arranged in drawers and on the desk. 

He did it. 

"Of course I did. I cleaned my room hoping it would make me sleepy. But that didn't work, so I decided to make pancakes." 

Mom nodded, but she doesn't seem to believe me. Because I'm lying. But I don't think she'll find out. She doesn't know that Chat Noir comes to my room every night. 

"Well, I have to get ready for school. I don't want to be late." 

Mom left the room and I sighed deeply. I think this is too risky. And I know Mom and dad wouldn't like the idea of some guy coming to my room in the middle of the night. Regardless of the fact that he's a superhero. 

But I really want to hang out with him. And not just after midnight, I want to during the day too. Maybe after school.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to properly explore this city since I moved here. Chat Noir would definitely love to show me around Paris. I'll ask him when he comes here. 

I laughed again and grabbed my phone. 

I received a few messages from people in Germany. I haven't had a proper conversation with any of them. I almost forgot about them.

It's true that I didn't have many friends in Saarbrücken, but I never hated anyone. Nobody hated me either because everyone felt sorry for me after Hermione died.

 After her, Liam, her boyfriend, became my best friend. And over the course of three years, Liam and I managed to develop a strong friendship. 

When I checked my inbox with his name, I saw that he had sent me only one message. 

Liam: I know you're in Paris now, so I won't pressure you to talk about everything until you've settled in. When you're able and ready, call me :) 

Liam's message instantly made me happy. I love how patient and considerate he always is.

Before I  was in relationship with Mathias, everyone thought Liam and I were together.
But I never had, nor could I have feelings for him. He didn't have them for me either. We were more like brother and sister.