NINTH CHAPTER-Sweet date and ice cream man

The next day, I couldn't wait to come home from school and start getting ready for my date with Chat Noir. I had so many ideas about what to wear. 

I was torn between wide-leg pants and a lace top, and a lilac shirt with a black plaid skirt. 

Hm...

 Well, I'll wear the skirt. I want to be a bit feminine.

Even though there were still three hours until our date, I started preparing my outfit and makeup. I decided to straighten my hair, even though I think it's not a good idea. 

My hair is wavy, almost curly, so when I straighten it, it quickly gets messy and I end up looking frizzy. But I really want to do something different with my hair.

Then I realized that I have no idea what to talk about. Like, he's a superhero and I can't ask personal questions. I can't know anything about him. How should this date even go?

One person comes to mind that I could call and ask for advice. Alya. She runs a blog about Ladybug and seems to be really close to her and Chat Noir. She could give me some tips.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Alya. It's Nell, I need advice."

"From me?" she asked, confused.

"Yes. Listen, I'm supposed to meet today with...Chat Noir."

There was silence.

"Alya? Are you here?"

"Yeah, I'm here. With him?! Wow, you know each other?"

"I can say that...we're hanging out. I guess."

"Awesome. And what kind of advice do you need?"

"What should I talk about with him?"

"I can't say I know him well, but Chat Noir has given me countless interviews, so I can tell you how to create a conversation with him."

"Well, how?"

"Well, he's pretty confident, but he's also very optimistic and open. He often says whatever comes to his mind and makes jokes. I'm constantly laughing while interviewing him. His jokes are often about cats. He rarely reveals much about himself, so it's best to keep the conversation light and fun."

"That's really helpful, Alya. Thanks!"

"No problem, Nell. Good luck on your date! And later, tell me everything"

"If you promise not to publish it on your Ladyblog."

"I promise."

                                                                                     ***

Even though I thought I wouldn't, I took a shower before going out. 

Now I'm sitting in front of the mirror in my room, blow-drying my hair. There's a ton of makeup products on the table. The best part of being a girl is definitely doing makeup.

After I finished styling my hair, I started applying foundation to my face. I blended it in and then applied concealer. My makeup is going to look amazing tonight.

That's when my mom walked into the room.

"Where are you getting ready to go?"

"Oh, I'm going out with Chloe. We want to go to the Louvre. If I'm allowed, of course."

"If you're back by nine."

Nine o'clock?! That's only two hours.

"Mom, that's too early. Please, let me stay until ten. I'll be with Chloe. She knows Paris better than anyone. After all, her dad is the mayor... And tomorrow is saturday, no school. Please..."