ninety five.

─☼☼☼─

─𝙅𝙅─

𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙏 𝙎𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙈𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙈 in the small plane, and Kiara's head pressed against this shoulder did nothing to relieve the sweltering temperature. But he didn't have the heart to move her. She breathed softly, finally giving into the exhaustion of the past day as JJ drank in her features, still a bit taken aback by what had happened in the cabin.

Kie loved him, and he loved Kie...right?

Subconsciously, he felt his eyes drifting toward the wrong Carrera sister.

Charlotte sat across the aisle, her back pressed against the wall of the plane as she played with the ends of her hair. She had barely spoken a word since they had left Kitty Hawk. She was more than thrilled to have her sister back, but something was bothering her.

Selfishly, JJ hoped it had something to do with him, and for that he felt like the biggest dick on the planet. He couldn't have both sister. He'd made his choice and it was Kiara...or had the choice been made for him? If Charlotte wasn't still with Rafe, would the ending to this story be the same?

"You okay?" He whispered, speaking quietly enough as to not awake Kiara.

Glancing up at him, Charlotte gave him a smile he knew was forced, "Just tired." She lied, JJ seeing right through it. "Long day."

"Yeah," JJ breathed, "Guess it has been quite the day, hey?"

Charlotte fell silent for a moment, exhaling deeply as she laid eyes on her younger sister, "I'm happy for you, J." She said softly, the small smile on her lips not quite meeting her eyes. "You found your someone."

JJ stole a glance at Kie, his heart aching in conflict.

Kiara was amazing. She was perfect for him, exactly what he needed. But part of his heart would always beat for Charlotte, she would always be the blueprint of what was good in this world. Did that make him a horrible person, for holding a torch for the sister of the girl he had just professed his love to?

"She was right in front of you this entire time," Charlotte breathed, eyes refocusing on JJ.

JJ met her gaze, something passing between them, "Yeah," he agreed quietly, still focused on Charlotte, "Guess she was."

─☼☼☼─

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙏𝙀

Charlotte had barely slept on the almost eight hour flight, her mind racing. She watched her sister and JJ as they slept, heart clenching. She wished Rafe were here.

She'd sent him a text before they took off, letting him know where she was headed. She was done lying to him. At this point he couldn't stop her, so what was the harm?

He'd never texted her back, but she didn't have much time before she lost service anyway. She was sure he'd have responded by now.

Charlotte wished she could call him, hear his voice. She needed a reminder of what he could do to her with a simple 'hello.'

By the time they had landed, Charlotte was absolutely exhausted. Her eyes barely wanted to stay open as the three of them exited the plane, stepping into the suffocating heat of the Orinoco Basin.