Sweetheart

Chapter 3

[A year later, a few hours before January 1st 1920]

"P-Please- don't kill me! I have a wife and daughter waiting for me at h-home!" A man pleaded as he stumbled into a dark alley way.

Allen smiled menacingly as the man futilely tries to get away from him only to run into a dead end as he slowly walks closer towards him, his shadow laughing as it trips the man when he took a step back.

"Well, it seems that you won't be missed by your wife my 'good' man! She IS the one that wants you dead after all..." He chuckled darkly when the Man's face turns an angry shade of red upon hearing that, he opens his mouth but before he could say anything Allen quickly sliced his throat open as his shadow pinned the man's arms down when he tried to claw his hands out on Allen.

He tensed when he heard a pair of footsteps, he turned to see a silhouette of two men walking around the corner. He quickly moved towards the darkest corner and let his shadow take him to an alley a block away.

In these type of situations, it makes him feel very thankful that he made this deal with Lucifer.

"Oh! What a thrill that was, don't you agree-hm?" He looked at his shadow who was frantically pointing at the full moon. Which was an hour or two away from it's peak. "Ah- well we should head back home now before mother frets over me.... Again." He sighs out as he strolls his way back home remembering the times his mother had stayed up late to wait for him.

0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+0+

As he was walking down the road he remembered when his mother was expressing her distress at him for continuously going out into the woods a year ago. So when he decided to find a job he got in as a radio host, he was the one to report his own murders to his live audience, having to act like it was dreadful and saddening news, oh the irony.

Opening the door he could hear the faint sound of their old radio playing. He felt confused at that, He never bothered to waste his hard earned money on it when he finally found a job at being a radio host, besides his boss did give him an old working radio as a gift for his mother to be able to listen to her son while he was at work only for her to use it occasionally not that he minded.

"Mother dear~! I'm homee~" he closed the door behind him as he went in. "Allen? I'm in the living room dear! Come! We have a guest this evening!" Upon hearing that, he rushed up to his room to change out of his slightly bloodied clothes.

After changing into his dark red button up shirt he went down to greet whoever this surprise visitor was. "Good evening! It's quite a pleasure-" "Hey there Al!!" He paused, his mouth smiles in a gape when he saw an excited Lucifer waving at him from their living room couch.

he may have grown fond of the blonde and would recognize him even in his human form but this surprise visit was very unexpected.

his mother looked at him expectantly, she puts her cup down.

"Come Allen, sit down and close that mouth of yours or you'll catch flies." He immediately closed his mouth and moved to sit on the free seat next to Lucifer who looked at him with a sly grin.

Allen still couldn't believe that Lucifer was here. He has never seen the king of hell in a different area other than the forest where he usually summons him to give his swan and duckling request, he found it silly but... He's starting to like the way the blonde looks at his wooden creations, it makes him swell with pride and joy that someone, other than his own mother, appreciates and admires the work he puts into something.

He raised a curious brow at Lucifer, not knowing what lies the demon may have spewed to his mother so he could get inside their home, he wisely kept his mouth shut to avoid any misunderstandings.