curiousities and hormones

Chapter 14

[January 1st 1921]

Lucifer groggily opens his eyes, waking up to the sun shining through the crack of their curtained window. He yawns then blinks as he looks down to see Allen's arm wrapped around his mid section, chuckling softly as he leans forward to kiss the brunette's face.

"Good morning 'deer'.... Happy birthday." Lucifer chuckles when Allen's shadow appears on the wall behind the brunette, throwing shadow like confetti as his partner hums before blinking at the blonde.

"Good morning sweetheart..." Allen mumbles as he lets the blonde touch his cheek. "Hm... Even after four months that scratch on your cheek is still visible- I hope it doesn't leave a scar..." Lucifer said as he moved his thumb across the might be scar, although quite thin, it doesn't seem too visible if someone doesn't look for it.

"Mmm... Don't worry about it dear, even if it does leave a scar, I know you won't get tired of my delightful face." He smiles cheekily at his partner who chuckles at him before grabbing his cheek and squeezing it gently.

"Of course... who would ever get tired of the famous 'gentlemanly' radio host who's apparently VERY good with handling WOMEN." the blonde grits out as he suddenly pinches the other's cheek hard, making him yelp in pain. The king of hell turns away from his partner with an angry 'hmph' with his arms crossed.

"Ow! Sweetheart.... Why are you so angry all of a sudden? Did... Mimzy perhaps tell you about what happened at the bar last week?" His mother had told him how the petite blonde woman had apparently went her house yesterday, he assumes that she had been curious to see what his fiancé looked like before the wedding- which is already a month away, decided to pay his mother a visit as an excuse to see Luc....

[Flashback]

"Come on Luc, you're almost there..." Elleanor said as she guided the blonde on knitting a small red beanie in the living room, the old radio playing some soft music at the side table.

When the finally finished it a knock was heard coming from the front door, "hold on just a sec!" Elleanor calls out as she stood noticing that Luc was also trying to stand up.

"Luc dear, please sit back down or else your back is going to hurt if you force yourself.... Again." The blonde flopped back to the couch with a small pout.

Elleanor rushes to the door and opens it, her eye twitches at the sight of her son's 'friend'. "Oh! Long time no see Mrs. Balcom~ Do ya still go by your husband's last name by the way? Since, ya know- he kicked the bucket? Haha~" She snorts as she laughs at her own joke.

Elleanor forces a friendly smile on her face, the edge of her lips twitching slightly, showing her distaste at the other woman's sense of humor as she welcomes the petite blonde into her home. "Welcome Mimzy dear! It's been such a long time since you came to visit... Though I'm sorry to say that my son isn't at home at the moment-"

"Oh! I didn't come here for Allen... I just wanted to see how you've been Mrs. B! Since it's been 'SUCH a looong' time since I've last stopped by..." Elleanor raises an eyebrow at her knowing full well that Mimzy doesn't visit her home unless she needs Allen....

"Well, make yourself at home dear, would you like some coffee or tea?" She says as she takes the petite blonde to the living room where her attention immediately focuses on the short blonde who's obviously pregnant, trying to knit a new pair of socks.

"Oh! Who's this pretty doll? Is she Allen's partner? The one everybody's been chattin about?" The brunette woman sighs but keeps up with her friendly smile.

"Yes...! This is my future daughter in law Lucia..." She introduces her as she helps the pregnant blonde sit up straighter. "Oh! Please, call me 'Luc'. Though I'm guessing you're the bar friend Allen has told me so much about?" The king of hell asks with a curious look on his face as he shakes the woman's hand.