Five

"I haven't seen him in about a year though. We split up after high school, our whole group." Calum mumbled. "I kinda feel bad. What if this is my fault Farrah?"

Farrah furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head with a small frown. "Don't talk nonsense, Cal."

His eyes re-glassed over, a small pout pulled on his lips. "But, he obviously needed a friend! And guess who wasn't there for him? Me."

"Calum," Farrah sighed. She reached up to his jacket collar and folded it down neatly. "You don't even know if he killed himself. You need to calm down and not jump to conclusions."

"You don't understand," Calum pushed away, walking closer to the body. Tears fled his eyes quickly.

Farrah didn't move an inch. She felt as if she's been standing in the same spot this entire time. How was Calum able to stand so close to someone who was dead? The whole scenario was irky.

She trailed her eyes over his face again, feeling as if he was staring directly at her, she looked away. She focused on his extended hand that was turning a light shade of blue, a small neatly folded piece of paper was laying lightly in his palm.

"Calum, what is he holding?" She knotted her eyebrows together.

Calum sniffled, turning to look at her. "Huh?"

"He's holding something," she pointed.

Calum looked down, a few tears dripping off his cheeks. He didn't want to touch him again, the cold touch made him realise that his friend was actually gone. Forever.

He bent down quickly, pinching the folded piece and examining it in his hand. He wanted to opened it, in fright of what it was going to say. What if this was his suicide note? Don't people write those when they die?

His fingers began to unfold, stopping when he heard sirens. Farrah looked away, searching for the source. Familiar red and blue lights began flickering at the beggining of the walkway.

"We better go meet them," Calum swallowed nervously. He was glad that he didn't get to open the note, he didn't want to know what was on Michaels mind in the moment he died. Gracefully, he slipped it in his back pocket, shuffling through the trail.

By now the sirens were loud, he could tell that they were here. Farrah ended up beating him to the swarm of people, bracing themselves for action.

"Hi, Sydney police. We got a call about a body?" A police man said as he firmly shook both of their hands.

Farrah nodded, and Calum was relieved that she took control. "He's right this way."

The officer nodded, pulling out his flashlight and motioning for the parametics to follow him.