Nine

"What do you want to know?" Calum said hesitantly as Farrah pulled unto the road.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I dunno, what was he like?"

"Total idiot." Calum smirked, "like in the goofy way. He was really the life of the party. Just overall outgoing."

"Oh," Farrah nodded.

"Yeah, I miss the old days y'know. I hate growing up." Calum said, gazing out the window.

"How long did you know him?"

Calum shrugged, watching the trees pass by. "My whole life basicly."

They stayed silent for a moment. Light songs from the radio played and heat blasted from the vents.

"I just makes me wonder," Calum stated, shaking his head. A tear welled up in his eye and he tried his best to wipe it away before Farrah could see. "I want to know what he was thinking before he died. How long had he been unhappy? Do you know how sad you have to be to take your own life?"

"Don't jump to conclusions cal-" Farrah started.

"Oh don't give me that bullshit!" Calum fumed. "You and I know damn well that's what happened! There's no other logical explanation."

Farrah pushed her lips into a tight line, trying her best to focus on the road. She didn't like when Calum was angry or upset, and right now he was both. Soon she pulled into Calum's driveway, sighing because he didn't really answer her question. She wanted to know more about Michael, but that was all the information he was willing to give at the moment. So she plainly decided to ask again another time. When he was over his loss.

They sat there, not saying a word. Calum leaned over and pressed his lips to her cheek. "One day I'm going to buy us a house, so I won't have to go a moment without you. We'll get married and run far away. I promise."

Farrah turned to him and looked at him with sorrowful eyes. She knew he was only saying this because of the way he was feeling right now. Instead of trying to argue with him, she nodded and returned his kiss. He whispered a 'I love you' then slid out the vehicle.

Farrah backed up, exhaling and driving to her house which wasn't that long of a drive. She parked her car, noticing her parents weren't home. She sat the keys on the kitchen counter, opening the refrigerator and pouring a cup of orange juice.

After eating a left over bagel she headed to her room, pulling back her covers and plopping in. Calum's smell faintly lingered on her bed sheets, something that comforted her.

She rolled over and felt something poke her backside. Her eyebrows knotted in confusion, reaching underneath her bum to fish out whatever it was.

She remained confused as she brought a neatly folded piece of paper into her view. She leaned up, unfolding the paper, wondering what it was and where it came from.

Then her eyes widened, her stomach dropped.

It was the same note that Calum picked from Michael's hand.

Her eyes scanned over his words, tear stains already inking the paper. She pouted her lips as a tear slipped down her eye.

This was his suicide note.