Before The Storm

After what happened in the events following Protocol 10 in Arkham City, Batman and Red Robin both were having problems coping with the loss of beloved lover/mother figure Talia al Ghul and the Clown Prince of Crime, Joker. It was one of those nights, and Y/n was hanging out with Barbara and Jim, otherwise known as his beloved wife and father-in-law. He was lying down on the couch, but would soon have to get up because every night, Barbara likes to do 'kitchen duty'.

Barbara: [Addressing Y/n] Hon, wanna help with the dishes?

Y/n: [Gets up; chuckles] I'mma coming.

The two begin to make their way to the kitchen, but Barbara notices her father, looking down at a newspaper of Joker's death.

While looking at the newspaper, Gordon had one of those looks that meant he was concerned about something, and his daughter could see right through him

Barbara: Dad...

He tries walking to his room, but Barbara beats him to the punch.

Barbara: [Light chuckle] Typical... always hiding when it's your turn to do the dishes...

Gordon: [Turns to them; unsure] Sorry, Barbara... I'll be right in.

Barbara: [Concerned] What's on your mind?

Gordon: It's nothing...

Y/n: No offense, Commissioner, but if it were nothing, you'd be trying to talk your way out of kitchen duty.

Barbara: Are you okay?

Gordon: I'm fine.

Barbara: Then what is it?

Gordon: [Sighs; remembers Batman carrying dead Joker] I'm worried about someone...

Unknown to the three, however, they were being watched from their window.

Barbara: Come on, dad. Give me and Y/n some credit here. We know you...

Y/n: It's about Batman, isn't it?

Barbara: [Wheels herself to him; worried] Talk to us, dad. What is it?