Death of a Rival prt 1/3

Batman has plenty moments in his life where he made the biggest mistakes under the cape and cowl. One of these nights was letting Joker poison him and putting Talia al Ghul, his beloved soulmate and the mother of his once unknown son, Damian Wayne, in danger.

The night Batman carried Joker's dead body out of the Monarch Theatre

Everyone in Arkham City watched as Batman carried the corpse of the Joker out of the Monarch Theatre, feeling guilty that he couldn't save him

Everyone in Arkham City watched as Batman carried the corpse of the Joker out of the Monarch Theatre, feeling guilty that he couldn't save him. Catwoman, Joker's Thugs, Harley Quinn, even Y/n, who at the time was Robin, watched as the Dark Knight carried his greatest foe out.

Gordon: What the hell happened in there?

Batman placed Joker on the top of Jim's police car and walks away, leaving without giving a single response to him or any other member of the GCPD.

Gordon: [Walks up to him; confused] Batman! What happened?!

Batman grappled away from the scene, obviously feeling the effects of losing not just his one and only foe, but the only person he's ever loved.

Gordon: [To his officers; urging them] We need a bodybag and a freezer truck--now!

Radio: All units! Emergency at the Monarch Theatre.

GCPD Officer 1: Commissioner! You gotta see inside!

GCPD Officer 2: We found Officer Cash and Officer Yin! Send backup to the Cathedral!

Batman left Arkham City that night, but nobody seen where he went after grappling away from the scene of the now condemned prison sight.

Batman: [Contacts Batcave] I'm heading home, Alfred. Arkham City is closed.

Alfred(Comms): Excellent news, sir.

Batman: What time is sunrise?

Alfred(Comms): Approximately twenty minutes, so you can finally get some rest.

Batman continues grappling away, but gets shocked by something, or perhaps someone.