Chapter 1

"I'm so sorry." I cried in a whisper, my hands shaking and slipping as the blood from the quivering imp splattered my skin. I had no control over my own body when they took over. Like a puppet on a string with an excruciatingly demonic master pulling my limbs, but not my mind. I could still feel the guilt and sympathy for those who suffer by my pathetic hands. Unable to settle the voices of those who enter my brain lusting for the sick high that's comes with taking another souls life. They don't die of course, but that doesn't excuse breaking the sacred commandment of murder.

I am like a vessel for old souls who have wondered hell for too long, one day discarding their bodies for my own. I never thought it was possible. They enter my weak mind however they please and I have lived through this nightmare even when thriving in the living world. I was diagnosed with a severe mental illness, but that simply wasn't the case. It was just the possessing nature of demons and it has filled my life with nothing but suffering and misery. I have killed loved ones who I held dear to me, however it wasn't my fault. Not even an exorcist could rid me of my curse, finally giving out under the frightened gaze of the priest. Maybe that's why I was unlucky enough to catch myself wondering aimlessly through the gates of hell for decades. My mind is so crowded I can barely hear my own thoughts. This isn't even my mind anymore, it's theirs.

"Please stop." I begged, "For once can I have a day without causing suffering." But they didn't listen. Instead my arms moved up and down continuously stabbing the corpse at my feet.

"But what fun is a day without causing suffering?"
Static, it was like music to my ears. Piercing, but it overpowered all of their screams for blood. That voice is so familiar but without a face to put to it. My movements suddenly stopped and I regained control as if the demons in my head quivered in fear at the sound.

I turned around, "Radio demon."

"My dear, that was quite a performance! Those demons of yours sure do know how to murder a man." The man laughed, tilting his head to get a better look at the corpse, "How tasty."

His smile was as wide as ear to ear, displaying a row of sharp teeth that only sharks could dream of. He was like a tall blur of crimson red, dressed nicely accompanied with a pair of tall, dear-like ears only a devil down here could possess, and hidden within his locks of radiant hair were two small horns. And his voice, something straight out of a black and white film.

"Well, smile sweetheart! This act of powerful selfishness should be applauded and not discouraged."
I stared in utter shock, and yet relief that his waves of static made my head clear if only for a moment.

"This shouldn't be applauded." I whispered, "I didn't mean to do it, I swear. I can't help it. He was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was an accident."

"There are no accidents in hell, my dear. Only steps towards unlocking your true potential. But where are my manners, Alastor." He took out his bony hand and gestured for me to take it, "It's a pleasure to meet you and your head of tormented souls, how wonderful to have all that power!"

I hesitated to take his hand, "(Y/N), and it's not wonderful... unfortunately. Wait, how do you know-"

"I can sense their strength from a block away. I just had to stop by and witness it for myself. You may continue, my dear, go on. Finish him." Letting go of my hand, Alastor's face contorted into a thing of nightmares. Eyes glowing with murderous intent and static growing like a dying radio. The thought of gruesome acts like this must excite him.

I looked back at the dead imp, sadness and guilt forming in the pit of my stomach, "He's already dead."

Alastor snapped back to his normal self and shrugged his shoulders, "Shame. Well, if you don't mind, I may keep this soul for myself."

With a click of his fingers the imps body was slowly submerged in a thick black ooze until it vanished from the dark alleyway, into a dimension of God knows what. This demon was powerful, no wonder everyone is frightened by the mere name of him.

"Excuse me, but if the show has ended then I must be going." Alastor turned on his heel towards the exit, "Thank you for the free entertai-"

"Wait," I suddenly spouted, "Your static. Your presence. It frightens them away. Your power, they don't like it. I can't hear them anymore."

Alastor gave a harty laugh, "You flatter me, my dear, but what are you suggesting? You know, if I were you, I would be taming these demons of yours like a pack of hungry lions." Turning on his feet, Alastor stood only inches away from my timid body.

If only he knew what I have endured for these past couple of decades, "I can't. It's not like I haven't tried. They only want death and destruction, but I don't want that. I just want it to end."

The Radio demon's smile grew with, what looked like, curiosity and, above all, anticipation. Behind those eyes he seemed to be plotting something or, at the very least, calculating what he is seeing before him. He must enjoy the torment of helpless souls who are lost in their own misery. Alastor looked me up and down like a fresh meal, a fresh piece of meet to play a sinister game on. A deal was starting to form within his twisted brain.

"Can I buy you a drink, my dear? I think I may have the solution to your little 'pest' problem."

I stared in disbelief. I didn't except those words to come out of his cynical mouth, but it would be a lie to say I wasn't intrigued. I could feel his restraint to not spout the word 'deal' so carelessly to a demon he had just met. His lips twitched and it seemed he tried his best to look as friendly as he possibly could so that, naively, I would say yes. And I must admit, it was working. Throughout my whole time rotting in hell, no one has ever offered me freedom from this torment. On the other hand, hes only taking advantage of how weak I am in this moment of great loss.

Lost in thought, I turned my gaze anywhere but his piecing gaze, "I know I should say no, and I know they won't like it but... I'll take any help I can get. One drink won't hurt I'm sure."

Alastor's nightmareish state returned, contorting and grinning wide, "Splendid! I hear there's a new cafe open for all demons welcome. Follow me, my dear. We'll be there in no time."

The Deal (Alastor x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें