26. Revenge is sweet.

Khloe's pov

"What?!" I screamed at the top of my voice, unable to contain my shock. "You work with Quinn? And she had four of you suspended?" I was in utter disbelief, struggling to comprehend the smallness of the world and the extent of Quinn's actions.

It was appalling to think that she could be so terrible as to have three of her associates suspended, and I couldn't help but feel a mixture of anger and betrayal at the revelation.

As Grayson leaned in close, his voice dripping with disdain, a knot formed in my stomach. "Not only did Quinn have three others, along with myself, suspended," he began, his tone filled with bitterness, "but she also made our boss document our actions in a way that prevents us from getting a promotion at the law firm for the next two years. It's despicable."

It became clear to me that Quinn was willing to go to great lengths to get what she wanted. By having us suspended, she could easily eliminate competition for a promotion, and her calculated actions now made perfect sense.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Quinn had always seemed like such a sweet and innocent ex-best friend of mine, but now I wondered if there was more to her than met the eye. "But how could she do that?" I whispered, my voice filled with disbelief.

Grayson's expression darkened. "I believe Quinn has connections to executives at the Horizon law firm. That's the only explanation for how that pathetic girl gained so much success and was employed in the first place." His words sent a chill down my spine as I realized the extent of Quinn's manipulative tactics and the power she wielded behind the scenes.

She probably told him how much I hated him, and in return, he found me unfit due to Quinn seducing him while turning him against me by spewing shit to rip us apart.

She was good at manipulating situations to her advantage, and it seemed she had succeeded in driving a wedge between Liam and me.

I gasped, standing up in realization. "That must be how she got that job. She must've manipulated Liam to get the job, after all, Liam is a billionaire with very powerful family influence."

"We've already established that part of it," Grayson spoke, confirming my suspicions and adding another layer to the tangled web of deceit that surrounded Quinn's actions.

And all this time, Quinn didn't even give off any indication that she had done something so horrible. Instead, she pretended to be elated at the fact that she got a job as an attorney a few years ago.

"But while I'm more than elated to know I can get revenge on this bitch, what I can't understand is your weird, unhealthy, and absurd obsession with a man that wants nothing to do with you. Don't you think it's a hint you need to seek help?" Grayson spoke, his words cutting through me like a knife as I glared at him, watching him put his hand up in defense.

"Based on the things you've told me thus far, it's pathetic, actually," his words came off more as jealousy than goodwill to me, fueling my anger even further as I struggled to process his harsh criticism.

"You don't know anything about me. Secondly, you don't know anything about the relationship that Liam and I share," I defended, frustration evident in my voice as I watched Grayson roll his eyes in response.

"Plus, Liam was manipulated by Quinn. She turned him against me so she could have him all to herself. From the moment I told her in high school that I liked him, no wonder her demeanor changed around him. She's the crazy one," I tried to make him see my point, hoping he would understand the complexity of the situation and the manipulation at play by Quinn.

"Yeah right, and I suppose a billionaire such as Liam Steele was stupid enough to let a dumb bitch easily manipulate him. No wonder his family handed him down the family business. He's definitely going to run his family's business straight into the ground with that peanut brain of his," Grayson mocked, sarcasm dripping from his voice as he rolled his eyes.