36. Actions have consequences.

I burst through the doors of the hospital, my heart racing frantically as panic gripped me. Tears streamed down my face, blurring my vision as I desperately searched for room number twenty-seven.

Nurses and doctors moved around me in a blur, their voices a distant echo as I pushed forward, my only focus on reaching my destination.

Finally getting advise for room twenty-seven, I sprinted down the hallway, my footsteps echoing loudly in my ears. The sound of my racing heart drowned out everything else as I reached the door, my hand shaking as I turned the handle and pushed it open.

Entering the room, my breath caught in my throat as I saw Khloe lying on the hospital bed, pale and still. The sight of my best friend, usually vibrant and full of life, lying motionless filled me with a deep sense of dread and despair.

Rushing to Khloe's side, I took her hand in mine, my fingers trembling as I brushed a strand of hair away from her face. Tears continued to stream down my cheeks as I whispered words of comfort, praying for her to wake up and be okay.

Time seemed to stand still as I sat by Khloe's bedside, my heart aching with fear and uncertainty. All I could do now was wait and hope for the best, clinging to the fragile thread of hope that Khloe would pull through.

My heart heavy with guilt and regret. Khloe lay there in a coma, her life hanging in the balance, and I couldn't help but blame myself for driving her to this point.

It wasn't like Khloe to resort to drugs. Despite the struggles we had faced together over the years, we had always been there for each other, supporting each other through thick and thin.

Sure, Khloe drank a lot of alcohol, and her job as a stripper brought her into contact with drugs, but she had always been adamant about staying away from them. This wasn't like her at all.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I had failed her as a friend. My own actions, driven by selfish desires and misguided emotions, had led us down this dark path.

Sleeping with the man Khloe had always dreamed of marrying was a betrayal of the highest order, and now I was paying the price for it.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about the pain and suffering I had caused Khloe. She didn't deserve any of this, and yet here she was, laying in a hospital bed fighting for her life because of my actions.

"Oh Khloe." I cried.

"I vowed here and now to do everything in my power to make things right, to be there for you in your time of need and to make amends for the harm I had caused."

No matter what it took, I would do whatever it took to help her recover and to show her that I was truly sorry for what I had done.

The sudden voice in the room caught me off guard, and I looked up to see Khloe's father standing there, his eyes filled with a mix of shock, anger, and despair.

His presence filled the room with an overwhelming sense of heaviness.

"M-mr- Wright." I stuttered out.

"What do you mean, I caused Khloe to be in a coma?" he demanded, his voice thick with emotion. Each word he spoke felt like a dagger to my heart.

I opened my mouth to respond, but no words came out. How could I explain to him the role I had played in Khloe's current condition? How could I bear the weight of his accusing gaze, knowing that I had failed to protect his daughter?

"Why didn't you call us? Why didn't you tell us anything?" he continued, his voice rising with each word. "You betrayed our trust, Quinn. You betrayed our trust in protecting our daughter."