Chapter 30 - Epilogue(Memes)

Yuki POV - A Few Years Later...

Wow, winter in Toronto sure is nice...

I was staring out of my apartment's window, looking at the slow falling snow. Each snowflake whirled and twirled through the air, dancing as they fell.

The airplane tickets we had gotten were for Canada. I did some research on places we can go that are pretty cold and one of the first countries I found was Canada.

My life with Shio, Shokou, and my sister has so far gone splendidly. We had a lot of money saved up when we first arrived in Canada and could afford to rent out hotels until we found a permanent place to live.

At first, I was a bit gobsmacked by the house/rent prices of Canada. What do you mean two thousand dollar's per month for a small ass apartment? NaH BrO, thats crazy. Did you just say two million for a house? Look at me, hey look at me. Do I look like someone who has a job?

There were plenty of things that I needed to adjust to. Language was not one of them as english was already down to pat for me, courtesy of Japan's education system. Also Duolingo.

To name a few though, houses, the cultural differences, and in general, how nice most people are.

One such example of these nice people would be my apartment neighbour, Mei. She was actually also from Japan like is and decided to move after a series of unfortunate events happened to her fathers company.

We often eat her cooking and are great friends. She was also surprised by the living cost of an apartment but she was in the green zone with how much savings she had.

Currently, I'm in my last year of high school. Satou and Shokou are also finishing up their studies. Satou decided to pursue a career in business and Shokou actually chose computer science. I heard she got into Waterloo University. Doesn't surprise me. She was the one with the better grades out of the three of us.

I actually wanted to also go into computer science as well but was working on a side business, hopefully hitting it and becoming an entrepreneur. That would be nice.

Anywho's, I digress. Shio is now in school. She loves it and of course we received some questions from people about being too young this, too young that, aren't you too young to be choking on that vape?

Yeah thats what I thought.

Gonna have that flavoured lungs aah.

Having that collapsed lung aah.

Speak when you stop coughing your respiratory system out.

As you can clearly see, I have some Wagyuu beef with vapers. This hatred stems from the fact that some vapers were hanging out under our apartment and the smell wafted upwards to where our precious Shio was sleeping.

Of course, I didn't do anything to them. I just closed the windows but still, the fresh air was nice in the spring. That moment kinda just stuck with me and yeah.

Also! I didn't realize it before but with three people having part/time jobs living together, it is so much easier paying for rent. Our apartment is about 2400 a month.

We get the minimum student wage, 15.5 per hour. This means we get 46.5 per hour in total with the three of us. If we work 13 hours per week, we can hit 2400 dollars. But since we work like 20+ hours per week, we can afford groceries each week as well as some niceties.

What I'm getting at is, ever since we moved, life has been exceedingly well. We were very lucky with a lot of things but it was through our hard work that we could use opportunities given to us.