Chapter 19. No Money for a Private House

"You will also be eighteen this year. Regarding your marriage, my mother has been thinking about it, but there is no one I like.

Today, your great aunt mentioned someone to your mother. She is the granddaughter of her birth sister. Her father is the magistrate of Xiangzhou and has connections with the Duke's office. There is a high probability that she will come to the capital during this year's examination. She is sixteen years old this year and her complexion is dignified. .

It's just..." Li Yang hesitated, "It's just that two of her suitors died before her."

Li Hong is self-awareness, the official lady of the fifth grade, when all is well, will not tell himself. The so-called husband killer was told, believe it, do not believe it. He is not a nerd who read books to death, and he can accept this kind of statement.

Seeing her son's silence, Li Yang's only heartache is. Her son is good at everything, even if his legs are not good, he has not fallen behind in reading. If he hadn't retired, this marquis would have been his.

"The first two fiancées, how did they die?" Li Hong asked.

"The first is a puppet marriage, early wind and cold went. When I came to the capital for an examination, I met gangsters on the road. I went there last year and stayed there for a day. I have been filial for so long, but I just came to marry you this year. My dear. Mother looks at her and and thinks that she is a very polite person."

"If Mother thinks it is good, we will make a decision there. Since it was my great aunt who said she was a relative, she should also know about his situation.

"Mother thinks that when your sixth brother goes to the Duke's Mansion to pay homage to his ancestors, you will also go together and meet him there. How about that?"

"Listen to everything. Mother has arranged it."

Main Courtyard, Qiongji Courtyard

As soon as Li Yang left, Li Luo left four maids to go with Li Zhongming and Li Changcheng to open a private treasury.

The door of the private room was cleaned. Li Luo took out the key that Li Zhongming had given him. When he opened it, there was a layer of dust inside. Fortunately, this courtyard is in the best location, and there is no moldy smell inside. "Uncle Li, please take everything out. The inside needs to be cleaned as well. By the way, Sister Ping An can keep the records."

There were only two men, Li Zhongming and Li Changcheng, and of course it was father and son who carried it, but both of them had practiced martial arts, so they were not afraid of heavy things when they moved them.

There were a total of seven boxes of different sizes in the private room. Li Luo ordered them to open them one by one. Three boxes contained furs, the fourth box contained bows and swords, the fifth box contained a few pieces of jade, the sixth box contained some jewelry, and the seventh box was particularly small and contained... the land deed of the Hou Mansion.

The land deeds of the Hou Mansion are all in the hands of the Head, which is normal.

"When the old marquis was granted the title of marquis, some brothers were so happy that they went hunting to get those three boxes of pelts. They originally planned to take them to the Northwest District for some ladies in the Northwest. Who knew that I forgot them when I went back to the northwest?"

Li Luo looked at those furs, his eyes were a little red, it was all memories. "This bow and sword were given to me by the Emperor. In the year when the old marquis was appointed as the deputy knight, he accompanied the saint on the fall hunt. This was the first prize. This sword used to belong to the King of Qi. The current Holy Emperor gave it to me, and in that year, the old marquis was given the title of Marquis of Zhongyong.

I don't know why, but listening to Li Zhongming talk about it, Li Luo's eyes were a little red and he felt astringent. This is the heroic inspiring story of Cheap Father.

"These jade pieces were collected by the old marquis when he led us to repel the enemy troops invading the northwest, as well as these jewels. The old marquis did not hand them over and wanted to exchange them. I sent them to the northwestern military camp in exchange for some herbs. However, it has been delayed until now, and the old marquis is already dead.

Li Luo concluded that his cheap father was a good general and was highly respected by his subordinates. Li Luo also took out a box of Ming Lou Dong pearls and white jade bracelets with the pattern of the Eight Immortals, as well as eight thousand taels of silver coins. "In addition to those sent out today, register them all and then write down the purpose."

"Yes."

"Register them like this." Li Luo pointed. The account book in Ping An's hand said, "Money and items are sent separately. For example, items are registered horizontally. Fur: the private room of the old marquis; bow: the private room of the old marquis, gift from the emperor. Colorful butterfly gold hairpin: Young Marquis' private room, gift from the emperor, send it to Li Lin. Do you understand?"

"My slave understands." The record is clear. It's just that Ping An and others were surprised that the young marquis was only five years old and acted so calmly.

"Then I'll leave this place to you, Uncle Li and Brother Changcheng. Let's walk around the courtyard for a while, and then I'll talk about the places that need to be improved." Li Luo called them. Li Zhongming's eldest son Li Changcheng and second son Li Changshi. The names of the two sons were chosen out of honesty. Li Luo secretly laughed when he heard this.