Chapter 45. The Problem of Returning Gifts

"Tomorrow my mother is having a meeting at the marquis' mansion. I left a message for some relatives and introduced myself to everyone. I know that the emperor is in charge of everything, so I can recognize my ancestors. Zongdu felt sorry for the emperor, so he came to thank the emperor first," Li Luo said. Li Luo said.

Li Changcheng came in carrying two baskets of things, and the baskets were not too small. "Li Changcheng, son of the common man Li Zhongming, has met the Emperor."

"Stand up. What is in this basket?" Emperor Zhaoning asked. Aside from Emperor Zhaoning, the other four people in the imperial study and the chief internal officer, Eunuch Hai, were also extremely curious. Li Luo was the first minister in history to bring food to the emperor.

Li Luo opened the first basket first: "This is a cake. The six-inch cake looked round and small. Li Luo had cut this six-inch cake in advance and cut six pieces in total. The cake was in a separate basket, and then Li Luo opened another basket: "This is potato chips, made of potatoes; this is shredded beef; this is candy, made of flour and milk; this is fruit wine, which is good for the body. Good health." Li Luo introduced them one by one.

For the first time in his life, Emperor Ning was thanked for receiving food. But this way of thanking is interesting. "Cake? Potato chips? Fruit wine? Let me try it." Emperor Zhaoning had never eaten those folk snacks. In Emperor Zhaoning's mind, didn't he think it was a folk snack?

"Yes." Eunuch Hai went over to carry the basket over and then tried it with the silver needle. The emperor was careful while eating.

Emperor Zhaoning picked up the potato chips first and took a bite. It tasted a little salty, very light, and very refreshing after one bite. "Give them a taste too."

"Yes." Eunuch Hai distributed the potato chips to the four people.

Then Emperor Zhaoning took another bite of the cake. The milk tasted very fragrant. However, Emperor Zhaoning did not like sweets: "Take this cake to the Kunning Palace and give it to the Empress."

"Yes."

Among the rest of the food, Emperor Zhaoning also picked out sweet milk candy and beef shreds, and said, "Send this to Kunning Palace as well. Since the food Li Luo sent was quite large, Emperor Zhaoning asked Eunuch Hai to send it to Kunning Palace.

Emperor Ning took a sip of the last fruit wine and said, "This wine tastes good. The fruit wine has a very fragrant fruity taste, and the concentration is relatively low, but as the king of a country, drinking too much wine will harm your body. "I didn't expect folk wine to taste so good."

"Thank you, Your Majesty. You like it." Li Luo thanked him.

"Stand up." The emperor took two more sips, "I won't come to your big day tomorrow. Let the sea grow your face."

" Thank you, Your Majesty." Li Luo smiled happily.

"You gave me a gift today, what gift shall I give you in return?" Emperor Zhaoning asked.

Gift in return? Li Luo was stunned for a moment, a little confused. "If I give the emperor a gift, I don't want the emperor to give me a gift in return."

"Oh? Really?" Emperor Zhaoning asked the other four princes, "What do you think I should prepare for Zhongyong? Where is the Marquis returning the gift?"

Hearing the word "return the gift," the four princes present felt their hearts tighten. Earlier, they had discussed the issue of returning birthday gifts, and now that Emperor Zhaoning had said this, it meant that Emperor Zhaoning was not satisfied with their answers.

"Eldest, you speak first." Emperor Zhaoning addressed him directly.

The elder prince thought for a while, this question was a bit difficult. "Marquis Zhongyong must have never eaten any snacks from the palace. Father asked the imperial kitchen to prepare some snacks for Marquis Zhongyong as a thank you."

"What do you think the second prince is?" Emperor Zhaoning looked at the second prince. .

"My son has the same idea as my elder brother. Marquis Zhongyong sent so many snacks, which shows that he likes to eat them very much. And the most delicious snacks in the world come from the royal kitchen of the palace, so I sent snacks to the loyal and brave Marquis in return. The second prince always followed the elder prince.

"What do you think about the third prince?"

The third prince's status is not as good as that of the eldest prince and the second prince, so he always follows the eldest prince and the second prince. "My son agrees with the opinion of the Eldest Brother and the Second Brother."

Li Luo was very surprised. These three brothers are in agreement. Isn't it said that the rivalry between the princes in the ancient royal family was fierce?

"Where is Junchen?" Emperor Zhaoning asked Gu Junchen.