Chapter 13

Chapter 13

We are sitting in silence with only the sound of clinking cutlery bouncing through the walls. The food is amazing, which it's pretty clear in how silent we are while devouring this food. My hand is still in between this man's thighs and so is his. I'm not about to lose to this man. He may have started this, but I'm definitely going to be the one to finish it. I don't know how Ayanda has not noticed all that's going on right under her nose, not that I want her too. The last thing I want is to have her loudmouth in my business.

"Bhuti, are you still coming to the housewarming next weekend?" She asks.

It sounds like she's sucking on her fingers or something but I'm not sure since my focus is on my food. Dali groans clearly not interested in what she's talking about.

"Bhuti?" Ayanda checks in with her brother again, this time even peeking over my frame to get a visual of him.

"Yes, I'll come."

His response is flat and lacks enthusiasm, so I don't understand why he's agreeing to this when it's clear that he's not interested in attending this so-called housewarming.

"You're coming with her, right?"

My ears are piqued but I don't dare show that I'm listening in; not that I could have not since I'm literally sitting in between the two of them. Dali gives my thigh a gently yet firm squeeze before responding with an enthusiastic 'yes'.

"Aah," she shrills in my ear, wrapping her arms around my neck, strangling me.

"Ayanda, you're strangling me," I say in between trying to loosen her arms around my neck.

"Oh, sorry," she says, removing her arms almost immediately. I don't even know when she jumped out of her chair.

"What's going on?" I ask rather, soothing my neck, staring at the both of them in confusion.

"You're coming with Dali to Joburg next week to attend my friend's housewarming."

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" I say, waving my hand in the air, begging her to stop.

She stops bouncing up and down beside me and clasps her hands together and stares at me.

"What's wrong?" She says staring at her brother than at me with confusion in her eyes.

Is she being serious right now?

"What are you two going on about?" I ask, staring at the both of them since it's clear that they're both delusional.

"A housewarming," this delusional girl says in a duh tone.

I am being tested. Is she not hearing me?

"I'm not going there," I say with authority and certainty in my voice.

"Why not?" Ayanda asks, staring at her brother who's caressing my thigh for support.

"Because I don't want to."

"But -"

"No, Ayanda. Schools are closed, and I'm going home tomorrow."

"When will you be back?"

"Isn't September break only a week long?" Oh, so he can speak?

"That's not the point! The point is -" I don't even finish my sentence before Ayanda butts in.

"You'll have fun," she says in persuasion.

"That's not the point, Ayanda. I can't go to this housewarming. I don't even know your friend."