Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Negotiations day

It's early Saturday morning and the entire house is already abuzz. I'm still in my room, gathering the strength for what lies ahead. I have not seen my mom since we arrived. I know she wouldn't be away from her house whilst there's people here, so I think she's locked herself in her room. It saddens me to know that this is where we are now in our relationship. I thought of 'confronting' her but decided against it. I didn't want to disrupt the peace by arguing with her. I hope that she will join the festivities later on.

"Wakey, wakey, makoti," Buhle says, peeking her head through the door. I smile at her.

She's the surprise that Viwe told me about. To say I was ecstatic would be putting it lightly.

"Morning, B," I say with a smile on my face, egging her to come in.

She tiptoes inside the room since the twins are still asleep and shuts the door behind her.

"Where did you sleep?" I ask her, because I thought she'd join me last night.

"At the hotel... with Langa." My eyes bulge out of their sockets.

"He's also here?" My shock can't be contained.

She giggles, "Surely you didn't think he'd let his pregnant fiancé travel across the country alone now, did you?"

I scream, completely forgetting about my resting cubs.

"You're pregnant?" Her face turns crimson as she nods her head.

"Oh my God, congratulations, Bee," I say happily, throwing my arms at her, squeezing her into a hug.

"How did I not know about this? How far along are you? And where is the ring?" I ask, already inspecting her left hand for one.

"One question at a time, Kay," she says, slapping my hand playfully, causing us both to laugh.

God, I'm so happy for her... for both of them actually.

"So?" I ask impatiently.

"I'm six weeks along. We found out last week after I passed out while he was proposing."

I burst out laughing. Only she'd react like that to a proposal. So dramatic.

"I can't believe this," I say in awe.

"Neither can I. Who would've thought we'd be in this stage of our lives before 21?"

"Definitely not me," I say, causing us both to giggle.

"Have you guys decided on when the big day is?"

"Just the month, December."

"That's in a few months. Oh my God," I scream excited and she joins me.

Our noise seemingly disturbs the twins as they both start to stir while whimpering.

"Shit, we woke them up," she says, grabbing Otha, whom she's obsessed with.

"Language, mommy-to-be," she clasps her hand over her mouth. Teenage mother's... Ai

"It's time they woke up. I need to feed and bathe them before things get chaotic."

"Do you want me to help you with anything?" She asks, bopping Otha up and down.

"Yes, please organise bathing water for them. I'll only shower after I'm done with them."

"Okay," she nods, jumping to her feet before exiting the room, with Otha still in her arms.

Everyone is obsessed with my babies. They say they love how chubby and peaceful they are. My phone rings beside me and it's my baby daddy, soon to be husband.