Chapter 2: His New Caretaker

AKK

AKK

Sighing with relief when I successfully closed the door because I couldn't really hold my resolve longer. Ray is just a hurricane. If I don't make myself heavy enough, he is bound to sweep me away. See this is the reason why I had been hesitant to accept the job despite the very obvious perks it offers. I've sat behind Ray and his friends for more than three years and in that time I know what kind of power Ray has in his disposal.

Aside from his attractive face, he has that ferociousness that is bound to break anyone he wants to. Although my attraction to Ayan was instantaneous, it was his relentless pursuit that had eventually made me give in despite my fear of my then still uncertain sexuality. So my dread of Ray's brand of persuasion is multiplied by ten-folds. Ray is not the type to accept no for an answer and I am not allowed to say anything else but no to him.

Still too wired up to get down for dinner, I still made myself do it because I know I have to face Ray sooner or later.

Thank God it's the weekend because I wasn't in any condition to study tonight. I was just quietly eating my food when Ray suddenly spoke up.

"Ai Akk, I'm not studying tonight. It's the weekend and you just got here. Please tell me you are not making me study?" Ray brandishing his cute pout, I almost forgot to blink.

Shaking my head, "yeah sure. Let's start tomorrow night."

"Yes! Awesome! Because I'm going out tonight!" Ray declared as he stood up and kissed Nana to thank her for the dinner. Walking speedily away, I had to wai to Nana to thank her for dinner and chased after Ray.

"Ray... I can't let you go out alone," I called him.

"Why not? My Dad is not here," he said by the stairs, crossing his arms.

"That's not the way it's supposed to be I, take my duties seriously!" I told him exasperated.

"Okay!" He eyed me sarcastically. "Then you better change if you want to come with me because I'm not staying home on a Saturday!"

So I find myself leaning on Ray's car waiting for him after changing on a saturday night that I usually spend catching up on houseworks if I don't have work. Oh that's right, I no longer have to do too much housework now. Cringing already at the thought of the noise of the club I'm sure Ray is heading to. Khan had messaged me if I wanted to hang out and have beer, briefly replying that I was working, smiling at the ridiculous gif he sent as a reply.

"Are you telling your girlfriend you can't go see her?" Ray casually walked up to me and I looked at him dressed in his usual designer clothes. Tonight, Ray looked extra good with his all black jeans, shoes and undershirt. A colorful jacket for contrast bringing all the color he needed to stand out tonight. He's an attractive man, that's for sure. No wonder he manages to snag almost anyone he wants.

"Are you done checking me out?" Ray smirked knowingly.

"I wasn't..." I replied flabbergasted that I got caught admiring him.