Chapter 21: Why?

Third Person's POV

As months passed, the investigation into the attempted assassination of Lucas continued, with law enforcement agencies working tirelessly to track down those responsible for the heinous crime.

Finally, a breakthrough came when the mastermind behind the assassination attempt was apprehended, revealing a vast criminal syndicate behind the plot.

The news brought a sense of closure to the royal family and the public alike, knowing that justice would be served for the senseless attack on Lucas.

Yet, amidst the relief of the arrest, there lingered a deep sense of sorrow and uncertainty as Lucas remained in a coma, his condition unchanged.

Sofia and the rest of the royal family held onto hope, clinging to the belief that Lucas would eventually wake up and reclaim his rightful place among them.

They visited him regularly, talking to him, playing his favorite music, and surrounding him with love and support in the hopes of triggering a response.

But as the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, Lucas remained unresponsive, his once vibrant spirit trapped in the depths of his unconscious mind.

Sofia's heart ached with longing as she watched over him, her love for him unwavering even in the face of such profound loss and uncertainty.

Despite the passage of time, she refused to give up hope, clinging to the belief that one day, Lucas would open his eyes and return to her, ready to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and start anew.

And until that day came, she would continue to stand by his side, offering him the love and support he needed to find his way back to her.

---

As Sofia sat by Lucas's bedside, watching him in a coma, her heart felt heavy with despair. Unable to bear the sight any longer, she decided to step out for some air.

She wandered into a nearby pub, seeking solace in the dimly lit atmosphere and the clinking of glasses.

Sitting alone at the bar, she drowned her sorrows in alcohol, hoping to numb the pain that consumed her.

As she sat there, lost in her thoughts, a man approached her. He seemed charming, with a confident demeanor and a glint of mischief in his eyes. "Why waste your time on a man who can't even wake up to see your beautiful face?" he said, his voice was smooth and persuasive.

Sofia looked at him, her eyes clouded with sadness and confusion. "Who are you to judge my feelings?" she retorted, her voice tinged with bitterness.

The man chuckled, unfazed by her response. "I'm just a messenger of reality, my dear. You deserve someone who can make you happy, someone who is alive and present, not trapped in a coma."

His words struck a chord with Sofia, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions within her.

She knew he was right, but she couldn't bring herself to abandon Lucas, not when she still held onto a glimmer of hope for his recovery.

With a heavy heart, Sofia declined the man's offer, shaking her head defiantly. "I may not deserve this pain, but I refuse to give up on the man I love," she declared, her voice trembling with determination.

The man shrugged, accepting her decision with a knowing smile. "Suit yourself, my dear. But remember, happiness awaits those who are willing to seize it."