I am Pippa Adams

CHAPTER 1

(PIP's POV)

'Well, the mission went well than I expected it to go', I said to myself as I was walking towards our headquarters to report the incident. It was a hectic chase but I did the work and captured the person who was giving out our Intel to the enemy organization, bet the shit out of him before I called for backup. I slowly swing my arm in a rotating motion to release the buildup tension from there and easy myself out as I scanned my badge at the entrance of the shabby and broken building and went through a dark room and then out into a room which looked nothing like the outside. Everything was neat and clean and high teched.

Yes, this is the secret base of ShadowLight, the secret organization and yes, I am a member of ShadowLight.

Now you may wonder why I work here?

Well, isn't it obvious? I was born and raised by 2 spies and I was trained for it.

I enter the facility and got on the elevator which took me to the 11th floor and got off and walked towards the bulletproof door.

I knocked on the door .... 2 times... Space...2 times again. The secret knock of the team.

"Come in" a voice said from the inside. And I opened the door and let myself in.

The room is spacious and the floor was covered with black and white tiles.

Alexzandar Russo, the Boss of the ShadowLight, standing up from his chair and greeting me with a handshake and then he smiled and hugged me tight. I hugged him back and then let go of the embrace and he sat back and I stood in my stance.

"Well done on this job, Pip", Boss said while looking at me and continued "It's amazing how far you have come today. To be honest, I have never seen anyone level up so fast and strong like you." He gave me a soft smile and he looked proud of how far I have come. After my parents died from 2 different missions, I was left alone in our apartment which also got attacked by the enemy, luckily my mom did teach me how to protect myself and call for help, so I stood up and protected my 8 year self for 1 hour till help reached me. That was the start of a life I didn't know I would be living today. I was happy normally but I miss them. I missed my parents and their body was never retrieved back also. We had a family nanny who knew about my parents real work, and after all this happened, boss took her in a trained her in combat to keep herself and me protected as she didn't want to leave me alone, therefore, she and I would live alone in our house till I passed out of high school. After high school, I got into WireTech University, one of the best university to study at and got into the dorm life. The university was nearer to the ShadowLight Main base and more convenient for me. And on weekends I would visit my home and did my side works and spent some time relaxing. Life was going smoothly o the surface, seen by everyone, but the other life that I lived was dangerous but it made me who I am and I am proud of it. It was a secret life and very few knew of that life.

Before exiting the boss's room, he gave me an envelope and said to open it only when I am alone and relaxed and not in the facility. I observed the sleek envelope with the stamp and put in back in my pocket. I met up with Ray, our head tech genius. He was smart and loyal to his work and treated me like his sister. We chatted for a while and he gave me some reports to go through during the week and other information. We bid goodbye for the day and I headed back to my dorm.

'In my opinion, Saturday and Sunday pass by too fast to realize I needed to take rest to function on Mondays', I murmured to myself as I lay on my bed in the dorm. I stare up at the ceiling and relaxed my body. I remembered about the envelope that boss gave me and sat up and took it out. I again observed it carefully and with my pocketknife I peeled off the stamp and took the letter out. As I opened it a piece of paper fell from the letter and onto the ground. I picked it up and it drained the life out of me. 

.....................................................................................................................................

Words - 792 Words