Really Who am I?

CHAPTER 2

(ROMAN's POV)

My breathing slowed down and I see his lifeless body in my arms, blood still oozing out his throat. I threw the body and looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't recognize myself from the reflection that was projected. I was far off from being repaired. I held the bloodied dagger which still was dripping the red liquid on the ground and making a small puddle. I cleaned the dagger and threw it towards the mirror shattering it into millions of pieces.

The glass scattered around me and I could see myself on it again... It felt like my reflection was taunting me, screaming to be let out from their cage. But the next moment all I could see was my bloodied and expressionless face on the mirror. I wiped off the blood near my mouth with the back of my hand and proceeded to walk off from the scene. A group of people rushed towards the mess I created and started to do their work silently. Took my phone out and dialed out the number that I remembered by my heart. After 2 rings, the call was received," Mission completed. Suspect dead." I could see the boss smile from the news I gave him and he said "Good Job, Return to the Base."

I got in the car and drove off towards the base. After reaching, I scanned on my badge and entered the facility. The building was shabby and old from the outside but rather well-maintained and huge on the inside. I wiped off the blood from myself as much as possible and entered the boss's room.

"Well done Roman. I don't expect any less from you." Boss said as I entered the room. "But you need to keep in mind the amount of blood rain you do.... It's hard to erase of so much blood and evidences from the crime scene......" he trailed off giving me the look again. He told me this a million times already that I need to be less ruthless but again he doesn't mind these at all, he will be happy enough to just have the plan successful and to keep the organization safe.

I stood there motionlessly looking at nothing specific when he suddenly said, "Pack your bags up pup, we will be going to Boston first thing tomorrow morning. And guess what, you won't be working alone this time though." He smirked at me and I stood there confused and tired to process the information that was given to me so suddenly. After a few minutes of silence, I could feel a faint smirk appearing on my face. 'This was going to be more fun than I expected it to be', I murmured to myself while leaving boss's room and heading out of the facility into the cold winter night.

After like a decade I found myself to be thrilled about something in my life. This is unexpected. I felt my heart beating faster and my ears hot even in this cold night. I missed this feeling, the sense of thrill and fun flowing in my veins as I entered my so called shabby home which was very unkempt except for the one room, the secret lair where I spend most of my time in. I tidied up my place a little and packed my bags up. I felt myself waiting. Waiting for the unknown things that will be happening from tomorrow.

.....................................................................................................................................

Words - 577 Words.