Chapter 20: the argument

Madeleine ran to Espresso as quick as he could before realizing he had no idea where Espresso was or where he was running to. He stopped to think and saw that nobody else was outside, he looked around for a while until it came to his mind that the bell had already rung and he was very late to class. He didn't think he was that distracted, but it is what it is, and there's no time to feel bad about it now. Madeleine forgot even the classroom and class he had, so he just guessed, and for his luck, his guess was correct.

The moment he walked in that classroom, all eyes were on him, to not drag any more unwanted attention, he apologized to the teacher and sat down normally, only then he realized what class it was and ,once again, luck shined upon him, because in this classroom, the seating plan is different and he ended up next to Espresso, Madeleine leaned closer to him, even though it was obvious Espresso still didn't want to be near him. Madeleine whispered:

Madeleine- Look.. I know you're mad at me, but I really need you to hear me out! Can we please talk at recess?

Espresso shook his head, he didn't want to talk, however, Madeleine is stubborn and doesn't give up easily

Madeleine- What about at lunch?

Madeleine didn't realize it wasn't the time of the day they would talk, oh how ingenuine, Espresso groaned of annoyance and finally agreed, he knew that if he refused Madeleine would just keep insisting, so he just gave in. Madeleine smiled happily while Espresso rolled his eyes, despite not admitting it, Espresso was way more stubborn than Madeleine would ever be, when he sets his mind to something, nothing can change it, telling him the truth would be a big challenge! Madeleine was ready for it, anything to get his lover's trust back!

At lunch, they got their trays of food and sat in front of eachother, the silence was long, the silence was awkward, the silence was strong; but their secret love was stronger. Espresso waited patiently for Madeleine to start the conversation, but the future knight was unsure on how to do so, how would he even start a conversation this serious??? "Hello"? "I have something to tell you"? "Hey hottie, your ex is an asshole"? No. None of those was right. Madeleine took a deep breath before he started talking.

Madeleine- Espresso, I know you're mad at me, you have all the right to, but there's something that you aren't aware of and I must tell you..

Espresso raised an eyebrow, it didn't sound right to hear Madeleine speaking like this.. He sounded like a sad and desperate child who needed a hug after scrapping their knee.. It was cute, but concerning, that's when Madeleine took the phone off his pocket, searching for the recording. While he searched, Espresso looked at the table behind Madeleine only to see his sister and their friends spying on them, at that moment Espresso thought "I'm not even gonna comment on that."

Cocoa- What's going on? Why aren't they talking?? Mama needs drama!

Almond- Please, don't ever say that again.

Mint choco- It think it sounded good, I liked it!

Almond- You simp for Cocoa, you like everything she does.

Latte- Shhh!! You guys are talking too loud, they might hear you!

Cocoa- With the amount of noise in this canteen I highly doubt it, and even if they do hear us, with your brother's eyesight, I can guarantee you he won't be able to see us.

Madeleine finds the recording and puts the phone on the middle of the table before playing it, Espresso listens to the conversation, word by word, shocked with what he's hearing. Once it reaches the part where Alcohol talks about his body, Espresso shivers, it disgusts him, Alcohol has never shown signs of being so perverted, Espresso didn't want to believe it, he refused to, even before they dated, Alcohol was a close friend to Espresso and even a good boyfriend too, they broke up because Espresso wasn't ready for a relationship, and now he hears this? He won't believe it, he knows he's delusional, but still refuses to believe it.

Espresso- So you just conveniently have a recording of the conversation between you two? Right.. And I'm supposed to believe that because??

Madeleine- Espresso, what??? It's the truth!! 

Espresso was struggling with his own words and Madeleine knew why, Espresso wasn't struggling just with his words, but with his emotions, he always followed his brain and kept his heart closed, but now, that system was no more, because this situation is messing with him, on one side he wants to just believe it and move on, but on the other, he just couldn't. His heart was conflicting with his brain. It hurt Madeleine to see his beloved like this, but when he approached the stressed cookie, Espresso pushed him away and stormed off, Madeleine thought he needed some time alone. Before he even realized, his friends ran to him to check if he was okay.

Latte- Madeleine!! Are you okay??

Mint choco- We saw what happened, how are you doing?

Madeleine-.. What do you mean "We saw what happened"? Were you guys spying on us???

Almond- At this point, does it even surprise you?

Madeleine- Hmmm.. Nah not really, but I would've appreciated if you guys gave us some privacy! 

Cocoa- Oh please, you know that'll never happen with us around!

Madeleine- Yeah I know.

They laugh playfully, it's a miracle that throughout the whole conversation, they haven't cussed once, as they were leaving the canteen, Madeleine heard yelling.. Espresso's yelling.

Madeleine- Uh.. You guys get going, I'll catch up later!

Before they could even answer, Madeleine already left, he ran towards the direction of the yelling, only to find Espresso arguing with Alcohol, oh how he wanted to see that scene.

Espresso- So now you don't know what I'm talking about huh!? 

Alcohol- Darling, I swear I don't know!

Espresso- Don't call me that, and just cut the act!!

Alcohol- Oh please, calm down! You're overreacting.

Alcohol tries to grab his arm but Espresso slaps his hand away, which surprises him. 

Espresso- Oh??? I'm overreacting?? I think underreacting!! YOU WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME AND USE MY BODY, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Alcohol- That's not what's going on, darling!

Espresso- Call me that one more time, I dare you.

Alcohol- Oh darli-

Before Alcohol could even finish the word, Espresso punched him so hard in the nose, that he ended up breaking it. Alcohol fell back and looked at him furiously.

Alcohol- WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

Espresso- GO FUCK YOURSELF, SON OF A BITCH!!!

Espresso left the room, that's when Alcohol saw Madeleine and oh boy was he happy, Madeleine loved seeing people get what they deserve, his face was with a big and wide smile.

Alcohol- What are you staring at!?

Madeleine- That's what you get, you messed with the wrong man.

Alcohol- HAH! WHO? YOU!?

Madeleine- No, you messed with the wrong man, Espresso

──────────────────────
End of chapter 20
1202 words