0.3

I made an ice coffee from scratch with chocolate shavings and ice-cream and I put up this tumblr bed net thing and strung fairy lights from it so I'm feeling really cosy right night.

 ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡

Luke started the day with the intent to find himself a job, as he recently quit his last one because his relationship with his boss ended badly, as per usual. 

Luke toned down his feminine attire in hopes of seeming more employable, and settles for uncomfortably tight black jeans that don't do his curvy butt justice and a creme sweater.

He applied a few swipes of brown mascara and tinted moisturiser before leaving his room.

Luke sat at the kitchen bench, looking through job ads in the newspaper when he felt lips sucking at his neck.

Luke had a characteristically complicated relationship with his roommate, Calum. He was in a relationship of two years, and claimed to be as straight as a ruler, but even he couldn't resist the urge to use to Luke when he was bored. 

There was something about the way Luke was so tragically broken, so willing and desperate, that put a big target on him. 

He just made it too easy, he managed to turn even the gentlest people into vultures, feeding off his pathetic thirst for love.

Calum used to find his heart aching for the way Luke would fall further and further downhill, find himself cursing out the people capable of destroying him. That was before he turned into one himself. He remembers it all too clearly.

Calum had just ended a very heated phone call with his girlfriend, head reeling with anger. He remembers throwing his plate against their apartment tiles, hands shaking.  Luke hadn't even flinched, instead sitting next to Calum, with his head hung low. It was as if he was offering himself as a punching bag, like it was second nature for him. 

Calum couldn't help himself, he began yelling at the small boy, calling him "weak" and "pathetic", claiming that he had no sympathy left for him, he "deserves everything he's been given", he "makes it all too easy".

From then on it just spiralled, Calum got too comfortable taking advantage of Luke. 

Calum was hard to reject, but Luke found the strength to pull away, refocusing on the situation at hand.

"Why aren't you wearing your pretty clothes?" Calum moved to the cupboard, deciding on what cereal to have.

He settled for an apple as always, and leaned onto the bench, giving the blonde all of his attention.

"I'm going to to get a job," Luke shrugged, giving up and reaching across to take Calum's apple.

Calum huffed, standing up. "Well I have to Skype Kate before she goes to sleep, so good luck Lukey," Calum kissed the top of Luke's head before disappearing. 

--

Luke only found two jobs that sparked his interest; a gym receptionist (to check out fit guys) and a bar tender (for free alchohol).

He went to the gym first, already liking his choice as a group of guys walked past him.

"I'm looking to apply as a receptionist," Luke told the receptionist.

"Did you bring your resume?" 

Luke handed the chirpy lady the document, pulling his lip piercing between his teeth.

"Thank you, we will take a look and get back to you about setting up an interview."

Luke thanked her before walking out and driving to the bar.

It must have been Luke's lucky day because as soon as he entered the dimly lit setting he spotted a certain brunette.

"fancy seeing you here," Luke smirked, taking a seat next to him.

It took the man a second to process the situation before smirking.

"Well if it isn't the tease that left me horny and confused."

"Sorry about that stranger, guess I got a bit tired. What are you doing at a bar at 2pm on a Wednesday?" Luke questioned.

"I could ask you the same," he stated smugly.

"You could, if I stayed around long enough to answer. Try not to think about me too much," Luke smirked, standing up and walking out the door without glancing back, leaving his resume with his contact details on his seat. He could always inquire about the job another day, he'd rather play with his new toy.

✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ 

This chapter was extremely boring and badly written but eh