0.4

Luke decided to treat himself to some retail therapy, constantly striving to distract himself from the permanent ache in his chest. Luke felt like his life was just a constant string of distractions and attempts to escape himself.

Like every other after noon, Luke found himself drawn to the seductive vibe of Honey Birdette, eager to add to his mountain of lingerie. His fingers traced the lace of a red thong that had caught his eye, complete with a matching garter belt and suspenders. Luke was too mesmerised by how they matched his cherry red manicure to be fazed by the $200 price tag.

Luke couldn't have arrived home fast enough, desperate to show Calum his new purchase, desperate for a reaction. He was pleasantly surprised to find Calum's girlfriend, his favourite person to stir, perched on Calum's lap, eyes fixed on the TV. Even though Calum treated Luke like a disposable form of entertainment, he couldn't help but be jealous of Kate. He never got along well with females. If he thought about it hard enough he would probably come to the conclusion that it has something to do with his mother turning a blind eye to what the men in his family were doing to him as a child, but Luke didn't like to think hard.

"Hey Cally, I forgot you were still with Kate," Luke's lips twitched into an amused smile as she shot Calum a pleading look, silently begging him to stick up for her. Luke joined the two on the couch, pulling the red delicates from the shopping bag, making eye contact with Calum. "I couldn't help myself, they were calling for me," Luke gushed, revelling in Calum's warning glare.

"How could you even afford that Luke? You have too many pairs already."

"You do know my collection better than anyone," Luke faked a reassuring smile towards Kate before adding, unconvincingly, "you know, just because we live together." He ignored Calum's intimidating scowl, and Kate's dropped jaw. "Don't worry about me Cal, you'd be surprised how much a married boss will pay to avoid a public sexual harassment case, who needs to try and hold down a job when you can have any guy you want in a split second," Luke smugly directed the end of his sentence to Kate.

"Well that's about as much as I can take for one day, I'll see you tomorrow Cal," Kate locked lips with Calum in a pathetic attempt to make Luke jealous before showing herself out. 

"Jesus Luke! What is wrong with you? How am I supposed to explain what just happened? She's starting to doubt that you're just trying to get under her skin."

Now that it was just Luke and Calum in the room he could feel his confidence draining. He shuddered under Calum's hard stare.

"You just love to play the victim, but you're the one that starts shit," Calum brought his hand down on Luke's right cheek, making the small boy whimper. 

"Fuck, I don't know why I even bother with you. You're so fucking pathetic," and with that Calum leaves the apartment

Luke couldn't explain why he always messes up.

He felt like he didn't have control over his actions. 

...................................................................

I don't know if I'm making Luke's character clear because I changed my mind and had to edit everything, so if you want a blurb explaining why he acts the way he acts lemme know

P.S. What is going on with 5SOS, like are they still a band, and why is Luke's hair long now?

P.P.S Wattpad is so fucking annoying nhberfbregfv it keeps promising it's all saved then I publish but it doesn't publish it all like there are bits missing I'm going to break my laptop