Promises

Captain Twiggo was doing what he saw as the right choice. His fellow holy Knights of his squadron disapprove the way he saw justice as; they each watch as their commander sent not just their princess but also an animal and two innocent citizens to their impenetrable doom.

"B-But Alioni! He was one of us--!"

"I stay by my words. And my words alone." Twiggo glared down to his team, three holy Knights, his eyes read death and dominant doom in them "They are dead. Alioni is dead. My words shall remain absolutely correct. Is that alright?"

The three didn't know what to do. None of them could stand against this giant man. Captain Twiggo was far from their league, and if they fought him in any way, will most doubtfully loose. The consequences will result in a brutal painful death.

Only before they left, five beings were brought back from the bottom of the cliff. The princess that clings Meliodas, an arm wrapped around the pig, and the other lady to which gently laid the confuse supposed to be dead knight on the ground. All were alive and unharmed.

"Alioni!"

"Ah! (Y/N) your leg!" Hawk noticed before the other to could, blood seeping out through a deep cut "Blood!So much blood!"

You ignore it. Immediately noticing the larger holy Knight coming this way, anger and drawing out its sword. This wasn't over yet. Not yet.

Meliodas shoved the sea form girl off, noticing the long hurried strides of the enraged man, to which immediately picked you up and set you off on Hawks. All running away while he stays.

"Run!Now!"

'Crap! Come on! Make a shield dammit!' you began to fiddle with your bloody wound, seeping blood, not long encasing not just Hawks and Elizabeth but also Meliodas 'Blood manipulation don't fail me now!'

"Comfirmed: Accendental death!"

The problem of this ability was that it won't be enough to protect the user. The moment Twiggo pulled out his sword, and Meliodas realizing the bloody shield surrounding him immediately, all it took was one big swing of his sword. All the trees easily being cut in half like paper. The sea foam girl screams as you were left unprotected. Believing this will seal your fate.

It didn't. All because you were saved by strong arms. Opening your eyes you find it was your captain. Towering over your form uncertain of what his eyes spoke.

"Never."

His fingers dugged themselves into the earth. Scrapping up the dirt into his finger nails, his hand forms into a enraged shaky fist. Seeing this, you realize he too was shaking.

He was crying.

"Never do that again. You fucking idiot."

Frowning you sit up, just slightly, to wrap your arms around his neck. He refused to cry and wail. He melted into the hug. His tears deceased yet his hearts ached for your idiotic actions. He would have preferred to stay there in your arms move, maybe for entrinity, only to glance upwards to Elizabeth and Hawks. Unharmed and worried sick for you and Meliodas. There he breaks the hug. Helping you stand to which, right as he let go, fall back onto your knees.

"Hm? (N/N), what's wrong-?"

His emerald eyes landed on your wound. A deep gash on your left calf. A puddle of blood to which, because of the shields, ment you were harmed during the fall.

'Dammit!I'm going to get everyone killed!I'm so useless!So useless!I'm so so sorry every--!'

"Elizabeth.Hawks."

The two were all ears. Feeling bad for the fellow friend and cook.

Once again, with a high pitch squeak, Meliodas picks the injured sin up. His grip was set on your butt and thighs. He kept you close as Hawks comes near.

"Take everyone back to the boar hat. I'll take care of this holy Knight here." He seemed to be restricting himself from going off, killing everyone and thing, to which he remained by only tightly squeeze your butt and thigh, he was mad "Get (Y/N)'s wound fixed up too. Go on, shoo!"

Hawks didn't waste a second "Hold on (N/N)!Come on Elizabeth!!" soon runs off with you.

But Elizabeth didn't run. She stayed. She watched as Meliodas dropped his facade and turn cold. She didn't recognize this stranger, and for some reason, her heart aches in not just pain but sheer jealousy. Jealousy for how he was this way, this cold and livid, for you. Not for her.

°•○•°•○•°

"You never change do you (Y/N)?" Behind the young toddler was another young toddler, a mage in training, abilities that were far from human "Is that blood root and devil flower? Those are hard to find.."

"It wasn't hard! I mean, climbing a mountain was, yet I got them for you Merlin!" Your heart was pure, ignoring the pain and torture through the journey, gift it too her "Here! For being my friend!"

Little Merlin stares down at the items. So many things she could do now. A smile so slim graced her features. Honored and happy to have a friend her age at such hard times...

"Can we make a promise to each other? Just you and me."

You nod. Happy and eager to know. Merlin smiles more as she placed the basket to the side, facing you with both her pinkies out to grab. Chibi and chubby due to being a child.

"Let's make a promise for each other. For me, I hope we remain friends and that you will never change. Remain as who you are." Merlin spoke, watching as your pinkies intertwine with hers.

"I promise to never change!" You declare with a cheerful tone, soon saying yours to Merlin "And for you, promise me you perfect your craft and work real hard for a peaceful life! I wish you a good nice life way better then right now!!"

Merlin smiles a tad wider at your words "I will. Anything for you." to which the two began to spin around.

Each others hands intertwined. Giggling and laughing as if they were the happiest children in the entire universe.

Waking up from the dream, one that was 300,000 years ago, find yourself in the room of Meliodas. Not yours. His.

Right as your about to unraveled the bed covers did it dawn on you that a arm was tightly secured around your abdomen. Panic would have swelled from within you if it were to finding the all to familiar dragon tattoo on this arm; Meliodas arm clings tightly to your smaller petite frame. As if he was there to protect you from further danger.

"Promise me."

The supposed male was awake, fully aware you attempted to slip out of his bed, only to stiffen up as he held on a tad tighter. Laying his own head on top of yours. Nuzzling it to his pleasure.

"Promise me you never place yourself in dangers way again. Please. I can't lose anyone else."

Your stiffness changed to only limp ness. Frowning you turn over to embrace the upset dragon sin. He was worried for you. Your actions almost got you killed. He was upset.

Cupping his cheek, face red as a cherry, you wipe the tears from his eyes.Swollen and red. Was he crying the whole time as you slept away?

"I'll try to keep my promise. Don't cry anymore okay? Your our leader after all."

He responds by leaning into your hand, savoring the warmth, only to bring you close. Hugging turns to cuddling. He wasn't planning to let go either. Sleep took both of you that night. The next morning, Hawks scolded Meliodas who touching you in your sleep. You said nothing as the two bicker about breakfast.