Chapter 3: Departure

As dawn painted the room in soft hues, the creaking of the staircase announced Caith's presence. Luther's daughter, a blond young woman, entered the living room to find her father seated on the sofa, lost in his thoughts.

"Did you bring guests again?" she inquired.

Luther, with a half-smile, replied, "Yea."

"How many of them?" she asked.

"Only one," Luther responded, and the room held the quiet promise of a new day, marked by the presence of an unexpected guest.

Caith, puzzled, overheard Markov engaged in conversation within the room, unaware that he was, in fact, talking with himself. 

"Only one you say? How old?" Caith inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"He's around your age," Luther responded.

"Okay," she acknowledged before leaving the room. Heading to her own space, Caith prepared for her school day

As the clock struck 7, Caith bid farewell to her father and left for school. The assumption was that the guest, Markov, was still sound asleep. However, unbeknownst to everyone, Markov was already awake and alert. Seizing the opportunity, he quietly entered Luther's room and began searching through his private cabinet, his actions shrouded in secrecy amid the morning stillness.

Hearing Luther approaching upstairs, Markov swiftly reacted. With a calculated leap, he jumped through the window, finding a space outside. Taking advantage of the moment, he silently made his way back into his room through the window, leaving behind the traces of an unexpected intrusion.

As Markov settled back into his bed, a sense of urgency seized him. "I should leave soon. The Russians are close," he pondered, contemplating the need for a swift departure.

Just as he began to prepare, Luther entered the room, noticing the packed belongings. "Why are you packing?" Luther inquired with a mix of concern and confusion.

"I must move along. Thanks for everything," Markov replied, a hint of gratitude in his voice.

"I won't stop you. But where are you supposed to go?" Luther questioned, his concern evident in his gaze.

"I will find my way myself," Markov replied with a determined tone.

"Alright, it's a goodbye then?" Luther confirmed.

"Yeah. Thank you, sir. I'll go now," Markov expressed his gratitude.

"You are always welcome to my house," Luther assured, extending an open invitation.

As Markov stepped outside his room, the distant hum of the TV turned on, bringing the outside world back into focus.

"The Intelligence Directorate of Russia has nothing in this regard. They imply that these outsiders are American Spies. Let's hear what the leader of IDR has to say," echoed the voice from the TV. Intrigued, Markov made his way to the living room, the unfolding news capturing his attention and intertwining with the uncertainties that surrounded him. 

The leader of IDR declared on the TV, "We, the keepers of peace, have always existed since the creation of time. The Capitalists can't just put the blame on us. This shows their incapability to solve an international affair as a powerful state. We have never deployed our agents in a peaceful country like Germany. I would request the German authorities to look into this matter more sincerely instead of wasting their assets on us, for we are the keepers of peace."

Mr. Luther joined Markov, and together, they stood there, absorbing the unfolding news on the TV.

"Interested in world affairs?" Luther asked, breaking the silence.

"This guy is a fake. This is not their leader. Not at all," Markov stated, a conviction in his tone.

Luther questioned, "How would you know?"

"Only I would know. He is not the one pulling the strings," Markov asserted.

As Markov moved towards the door to leave, Luther stopped him. "Wait. I want to know more. Please stay," "Sorry, but I have to leave now," Markov uttered with a sense of determination. Without further explanation, he shut the door behind him, leaving the scene and stepping into the unknown. 

As Markov stepped outside, he found Caith standing there, as if the timing was perfectly orchestrated.

"Who are you?" asked Markov

"Who are you?" Caith questioned as Markov stood before her.

"I am Markov. Your then guest. I am leaving now. You must be Caith?" he replied.

"Yes. Bye," Caith acknowledged with a nod.

Just as Markov was about to leave, Luther opened the door and witnessed their interaction. "Daughter, why are you here? Did you bunk school?" he inquired.

"No, dad. There was a murder in our school. Now the police are all over there," Caith explained.

"What?" Luther exclaimed in surprise.

Markov, eavesdropping on the conversation, turned to Caith and asked, "Take me there."

"Eh? I just got home," Caith responded.

Seeing an opportunity as a journalist, Luther chimed in, "I am coming as well." 

Note from the author: The story will only get crazier. Stay tuned yall