Talk With Marinette

Elizabeth

His birthday party turned out amazing. The photographer I hired showed up and took lots of pictures. Natalie stayed outside of the park. I had threatened to kill her if she stepped foot inside the park. I wasn't going to deal with her and Gabriel tonight. Things were relaxed and Marinette was at the table alone. I walked up to her.

"Marinette," she turned to me surprised, "can I have a word with you over here?"

She smiled, "sure."

I smiled back and we walked away from the party. I stopped at a bench and turned around. I pulled out the notebook from my back pocket. Marinette gasped in surprise.

"I already know this is yours. I would report you for stalking if I didn't know that you had a crush on Adrien. One kiddo you watch snuck it out of your room. I already spoke with her so don't get too upset, but Marinette I can't have you keep this. It's a safety hazard. If anyone who actually wanted to hurt Adrien got their hands on this, it could be disastrous. I'm not mad, I just," I looked towards Adrien, "his safety is my first priority. Not his dads or Natalie's safety, his. If anything happened to him because I didn't bring this up I wouldn't forgive myself. I'm going to give this back to you, I want you to destroy it. You didn't know what a safety hazard it is that you wrote his schedule down somewhere someone could get it. It's nobody's fault. I'm just asking you to be careful. Can you do that, Marinette?"

She looked so embarrassed and ashamed. I took her hand and gave her back the book.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about," I smiled at her, "it's not easy telling someone you like them. I know from first hand experience. Just please, if you want to tell him how you feel just do it. Life is too short not to, but if you don't feel ready then take your time. Just don't keep his schedule written down, okay? It's a security issue. I didn't tell his father or Adrien."

She looked relieved, "really?"

"I swear I didn't say a word because I knew I could resolve this on my own. Besides what Gabriel Agreste doesn't know won't kill him. Everyone is allowed to have secrets. What teenager doesn't," we laughed, "are we good, Marinette?"

She smiled at me and nodded, "yeah. Thank you for not telling Adrien, and you're right. It is hard to tell him because something or someone gets in the way."

"Yeah I know. Chloe is pushy isn't she?" She smiled at me.

"That she is," she looked down at the notebook in her hands, "could you dispose of this for me?"

She held the book out to me, "are you sure, Marinette?"

She nodded, "you made some valid points about Adrien's safety and I know you're only doing what is necessary to keep him safe. I would hate it if having his schedule written down caused him to be put in any danger."

I took the notebook. I smiled at her.

"You're a great friend, Marinette. Thank you for being so understanding," I looked over at Adrien, "he's lucky to have you as a friend Marinette."

"You really mean that," I looked back at her, "I do."

I smiled at her. She was about to say something when Alya wrapped an arm around Marinette.

"Is everything okay over here? Adrien and the rest of the class are a little worried. It looked pretty serious," I discreetly put the notebook in my pocket moving closer to Alya and Marinette, "I was offering to help her tell Adrien that she has feelings for him."

Alya beamed and Marinette turned red. I laughed and winked at her.

"Well enough of that," Alya grabbed us both by the hand, "come back to the party!"

She pulled us back to the group of kids. I laughed and smiled at Marinette. She smiled back at me.

I'm not a huge fan of being a teen again, but maybe this time will be a bit better.