Confessions Of Love

She dipped the peacock feather in the earthen pot which was filled with a dark hued dye.

This dye is the same shade as His skin. Oh how shimmering it is, under the moonlight! Gosh, I am in love. Everything reminds Me of Him.

She blushed even as Her own thoughts occupied Her mind. Only one more day was left for the big day, the day of Her Swayamvar. Everything would change and it would mark the beginning of a new chapter in Her life.

But She was so anxious, because Her heart rightfully belonged to one man, and She deeply prayed for Him to win and the stars to work in the favour of Their union.

She knew it was bound to happen, yet the uncertainty seemed to grip Her heart. She ignored Her fears and continued to write the letter.

I am sure Your heart is beating as fast as Mine. Because although I've been blessed by a divine sign, I am restless. This is a true test of My patience. But I must try to be calm.

"Wait! This is no wait to start a letter! Oh god, I will embarrass Myself if He reads this! I can surely do better."

She turned around to look at the sand clock.

She stopped writing when She realised it was too late at night. Or maybe too early for morning.

"The golden deers. They must be there. It's sunrise."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"How I wish one day I can have pets like you!"

She spoke softly as She looked on towards the direction of the sunrise. Her eyes were sparkling under the sunlight. She was smiling widely, with wonder and amazement.

Nothing could make her happier than being in the company of nature and its wonderful animals and inhabitants.

Except for the man She loved, who too happened to be there, at the same moment.

"The sunrise is so beautiful here in Mithila, red and bright. Just like the colour of love." He smiled as He spoke softly.

She turned around, only to see Prince Rama standing at the edge of the cliff, right behind Her. She was dumbfounded and surprised for a second, and almost lost Her balance.

But Rama's strong arms held Her right on time and prevented Her from falling. His aura was dependable and protective, and somehow She felt safe in His vicinity, and was naturally drawn to trust Him.

"May I know what has piqued the interest of the Princess of Mithila at these odd hours in the morning, that too here on such a dangerous cliff?"

She blushed a lot at the statement. Without making eye contact, She smiled and looked down.

No, I cannot look Him in the eye! He will know about how much I love Him and feel for Him. It's all in the eyes. They're the window to the soul and they never lie.