𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

DOG DAYS

"YOU'RE LAUGHING. I JUST GOT REJECTED BY A FUCKING DOG, AND YOU'RE LAUGHING."

The full body cackles that were emitting from the stocky vampire to her left did not cease, rather, they began to get louder as the severity of the situation actually set in.

After coming home from her brief encounter with the wolves, she had all but ran to Carlisle's office and thanked the Gods that it was his day off. Unfortunately, she hadn't paid any mind to the other presence in the room who had also taken a day off from his school duties before rehashing what had occurred at lightning speed.

If she had been a human, she would've been out of breath by the time she finished listing everything that went wrong during her encounter with the wolves and that man who she clearly now realized was the Alpha.

Once Carlisle explained what most likely happened, that she had found her literal soulmate who evidently did not seem happy about their shared bond, she thought it was a joke. But, the solemn look in Carlisle's eye told her otherwise, and effectively sent her into a downward spiral.

Which led them to where they presently were, Augustine curled up in a large chair in the corner of the room staring daggers into the floor, with Emmett doubling forward full of laughter as Carlisle watched the exchange from his desk. "Yeah, laugh it up, Em," she snapped, resting her chin on her knees that were pulled to her chest. "We can't all be as lucky as you and Rose are, or Carlisle and Esme, or—"

Carlisle rounded the desk to come in front of the young girl, promptly cutting her off. "This is not as bad as you think it is, August," he reassured her, to which she merely hid her head in her knees and wrapped her arms tighter around her body.

Had neither of the two others in the room had enhanced hearing, they would've never heard her response that was paired with a scoff. "Yeah, well, it's pretty apparent that he doesn't want me, so no biggie."

And yet, despite her tone dripping with harsh sarcasm, both Cullens could tell this meant more to the girl than she was letting on. In her own mind, she was attributing her more than mild discomfort due to the fact that she hadn't even gotten the chance to say anything before the wolf had ran off.

Hadn't gotten the chance to reject him first to spare herself this turmoil.

She could still hear it's menacing snarl, one that sent a bone-aching feeling throughout her body. It's echo bounced around in her head, making her unconsciously tighten her arms around herself.

Emmett seemed to sober up instantly, a serious demeanour plastered on his pale face. "Then he's not really worth all the trouble, is he?" he asked her, arms crossing over his chest as she watched her eyes slowly peak up at him. "Fuck him, honestly."

"Emmett," Carlisle scolded lightly from his place knelt by Augustine, "language."

That garnered a chuckle from the girl sitting on the chair, so despite Carlisle not being thrilled at the profanity that Emmett used, he seemed to relax at her slightly uplifted attitude.