𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

[ ! ]   thanks for 200k!
          enjoy this bonus chappy

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

THE PARTY WAS GOING TO BE DINOSAUR THEMED, AND NOT EVEN THE GLOOMY FORECAST COULD SUBDUE THE EXCITEMENT OF TOMORROW.

Plastic-looking dinosaur figures were already scattered throughout the yard, the two adults scrambling to stick them into the dirt in a way that ensured they wouldn't just topple over. It was the dead of night when they started setting up, and although one of them was blessed with literal night vision, the other one was not.

"Shit— I think I tripped over a rock."

"Again, Auggie?"

"S'not my fault you just had to landscape the damn yard, shithead!"

The topic of the yard was a touchy subject between the two, for two very different reasons. The first being that Paul Lahote wanted to exercise his landscaping capabilities on their own home, and the second being that Augustine Lahote didn't see the need for random stones to be put everywhere just for the aesthetic appeal.

Evidently, Paul won that argument.

He chuckled, helping the ravenette stand once again before he took a final look across the yard. "We can do the balloons inside," he told her, his hand pulling her towards the sliding back door. "C'mon, you're getting bit by the mosquitos."

She rolled her eyes, following nonetheless as he guided her inside their home. It was one they purchased together after Paul finished his construction and landscaping classes a couple of years ago and after Augustine graduated from her social work program in Seattle.

Her family tried to help, like they said they always would, but the pair wanted to get started on their own— have something that was completely and utterly theirs.

Hence why they purchased a fixer-upper bungalow a few streets away from the Uley residence, and coincidentally next door to the Cameron residence. They tore cabinets down, painted the once yellowed walls a soft sage colour, and yes, redid the landscaping of the spacious yard.

The yard that had a gate that led to the Cameron's backyard... truly, sometimes it felt like Paul and Jared were the real imprints around, given that they'd gone from friends, to pack brothers, to coworkers. They'd done it all, really.

Once inside, the pair took their spots on the ground in the living room, beginning to blow up the variety of balloons they'd purchased for the special occasion. Augustine stifled a yawn, glancing to the clock on the wall that told them it was nearing midnight.

"Last year it was unicorns, and now we're building a mini Jurassic park in our backyard," she mumbled out as she turned to Paul, the glow of the orange lamp illuminating their temporary work space.

He finishing blowing up a T-Rex shape balloon and tied it before tossing it her way. "Next year, I'm betting you it'll be back to unicorns."

Augustine snorted as she held the balloon in the shape of the number five, knowing that next year's theme would most definitely be reverted back to all things unicorn.