𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

A SURPRISE VISIT

AUGUSTINE NEVER THOUGHT SHE'D SEE ALEC VOLTURI EVER AGAIN.

Given the confrontation between the covens and the fact that she was no longer a creature of the night, she assumed their paths would never cross again. He hadn't written to her since the fall, and had gone back to Italy with the rest of the army Aro assembled against the Cullens, so why would he up and start writing to her again, now? In her eyes, whatever friendship that they had was well and done.

Oh, how wrong she'd been.

It was her last full day in the hospital, her birthday rapidly approaching in three days time, and the sun had set only moments ago. No one was visiting, because she was assured that there would be a committee of people coming to collect her in the morning for her release.

The wound on her chest was scarring over, leaving a nasty impression of the knife June Dubois used on her almost three years ago. She traced the mark over her chest, her other hand holding her shirt collar down as she stared at it in the small mirror.

Her eyes looked on with laser focus, so much so that she hadn't clocked the presence seated on the edge of her hospital bed.

"My, my," the voice began slowly, and it made Augustine jump away from the mirror with a start. Looking from her place in the small bathroom connected to her room, she had the perfect view of seeing him just sitting there. "This is a highly interesting predicament."

Augustine's eyes were wide as she looked at the vampire seated calmly, and she inched her way into the room. She was practically pressed against the back wall, unnerved. "Funny seeing you here, Alec," she greeted, giving him a tight lipped smile.

"On the contrary; I think it's funny seeing you here," he responded, gesturing around to the very human hospital room they were both in. "Seems as though you're a human now— just a human that knows too much."

He must have sniffed out the lies her family fed to the Volturi; there must've been something that drove him to check on her, and it just so happened that he'd traced her back here.

It was risky, him being here when there were still humans lingering in the building, and it made Augustine uneasy yet confused at the same time.

There were goosebumps on the back of her neck. "That mean you're gonna kill me?"

His eyes narrowed, and their crimson colour was even more apparent now that she was human. "Do you really think that low of me?" he growled out, crossing his arms petulantly.

Augustine, in turn, throw her hands in the air exasperatedly. "Be for real, Alec," she huffed, "you said it yourself; I'm a human now. Surely I'm breaking some sort of law."

A pause, silence thick in the air. "Did you do it to yourself?" was his question. He knew she had the ability to give herself a new hand, so it was natural for him to assume that she made herself human entirely.

"No," she revealed, and it was at her answer that his spine straightened even more, "but I think you can guess who did."

"Janvier..." he whispered lowly, earning a nod from the human girl across from him. He sighed, patting the spot on the bed next to him. Augustine knew what the witch twin was capable of, so she maneuvered to sit beside him, her feet swinging off the edge. "I knew he was still out there, but no one in my coven would believe it to be true... he's evaded us for centuries, that bastard."