𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE

LIKE THEY'D DONE COUNTLESS TIMES BEFORE, THE CULLENS HAD TO LEAVE FORKS.

Only this time, they were leaving one of their own behind; but, they still had one last birthday that needed celebrating before they did so.

So, on the morning of January tenth, Augustine woke up to the smell of a chocolate cake that wasn't just for decoration— it was the smell of a chocolate cake that she could finally eat.

Light on her feet, she descended two flights of stairs before she saw the eerily similar yet incredibly decorative sight before her. The kitchen had a birthday banner strung from the ceilings, green and silver balloons were littered around the vicinity, and a small cake was sat on the island. Each of the Cullens were there, including members from both packs that she was closest to.

It seemed like they truly put their differences aside for this very special occasion, and Augustine thought she'd just about cry.

A cacophony of happy birthdays sounded from all around her, and from the corner of her eye she vaguely made out Seth Clearwater unleashing some silver confetti onto the crowd that was gathered.

Esme, like during her first birthday with them, was the first to wrap her gentle arms around the girl. "Happy birthday, honey," she said, rocking the two of them back and forth.

"Shit, guys," the birthday girl mumbled, being attacked with hugs from all directions. When her gaze settled on her boyfriend's, she all but jumped into his arms. "Happy birthday to you too, wolfy."

She could practically feel him rolling his eyes, but he still gripped her small figure with adoration. "Happy birthday, Auggie," he said, pulling away just to grab at her chin.

Before they could meet in the middle, someone was yanking Augustine away from the shifter. "Yeah, so not happening," Emmett scoffed, planting Augustine at his side. "This is an anti-PDA zone, you heathens."

"Oh, but when it comes to you and Rose, we're all supposed to be chill about it?" she retorted with a quirked eyebrow.

Rosalie herself only laughed, really laughed, before shaking her head. "Now, you can still blow out your candles and eat the cake, too." Her colder hand was on the ravenette's back, leading her over to the kitchen island. It had given Esme one last chance to use the kitchen, and in her mind, it was well worth it to see the unshed tears of joy in Augustine's eyes.

As the black-haired teen blew out her candles, surrounded by her friends and family, she was filled with immense glee. Soon, she was steered towards the mountain of presents in the corner of the room, all of which were practically calling out her name.

Yeah, it was going to be a good day.

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

After opening numerous presents, surrounded by everyone in attendance from her spot on the couch, it was time for her final present from Carlisle and Esme.

Esme handed her an envelope first. "You should open this later tonight," she instructed, and the message was clear; open it when you're alone. Augustine nodded, a small smile in thanks as she placed the envelope on the cushion next to her.