𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

[ ! ] first time writing spice so
pls be lenient LOL

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

KISSES OF FIRE

THE FLIGHT TO ALASKA WAS BEARABLE, SHORT EVEN, DESPITE THE REVELATION THAT PAUL HATED HEIGHTS.

The first twenty minutes of them up in the air solidified it, and Augustine swore she saw his face turn green when he dared to peak out the small airplane window.

And when they touched down, the shifter puffing out his chest with claims that he was practically a seasoned flyer already, all she did was pat his back comfortingly. Sure.

Although their flight was a direct one to Fairbanks, and truly Carlisle was a saint for that because she did not want to drive from the Anchorage airport to the other city, it was much later than they expected when they reached their destination.

So, they hunkered up at the nearby hotel they would be staying at, and all Augustine could do was pace.

"You'll wear through the carpet, doing all of that," Paul snickered from his spot against the headboard, watching as the ravenette walked back and forth with small huffs escaping her.

His sentence though had her stopping. "Oh, sorry that my external freak out is too much for you," she snapped suddenly, and Paul's eyebrows were instantly furrowed in suspicion at her tone. Her shoulders sank, her feet finally rooted in place. "I–I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell."

Paul got up from the bed, and Augustine couldn't even be bothered to note how his grey sweatpants were hanging dangerously low. No, she was incredibly nervous, and the shifter seemed to sniff it out. "Hey," he called to her, tipping her chin up with his finger so she was looking at him, "is being back a little too much, baby?"

"Understatement of the year," she sighed miserably, and Paul's hand migrated to hold her cheek. She leaned into it. "I'm just scared, about tomorrow— about seeing everything for the first time again."

"What can I do to help?" he asked firmly, watching the way her eyes flickered between his own.

Her shoulders were once again wound tightly, but she shook her head. "Nothing, I just need to chill... or just grow the fuck up, I don't know." He could tell she was rightly anxious about this whole endeavour, but if she needed to relax, he knew just the thing to take her mind off it.

In an instant, Augustine felt herself be hurled upward by the shifter, before she landed on the bed with a yelp. "Oi! A little warning, please," she breathed out, only to have said breath stolen from her when Paul suddenly seemed to tower over her even as he was sat down.

"Oh, my apologies," he chuckled, hands going to her waist to pick her up, sitting her directly on his lap.

He leaned down to Augustine, his nose nudging against hers and causing her to tilt her head back, chasing his lips as he kept them just out of reach. She breathed into his mouth, her lips brushing his for a moment as he seemed to savour the moment. Which he was.

The girl's mind was abuzz but for a completely different reason now, her skin hot and her heart pounding as Paul dipped his head down, trapping her bottom lip in between his and slowly drinking her in. She followed his slower pace, moving her lips against his and allowing her hands to run up the back of his neck, tugging at his hair at his nape.