Chapter 6

Author's note: I've resetted my phone and unfortunately forgot my 2FA to my discord account. If anyone would like to talk to me, my instagram is @yusufbztss, or you can DM me here. I'll probably get my access back in the weekend, but just in case I don't, keep that in mind. Peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After coming home from the night out, the squad of four decided to call it a day and go to their rooms. The following day went by pretty much the same, with everyone deciding to sleep early for school, except Ash. He slowly tiptoed around the room, making sure not to wake Clemont up as he made his way over to the door and closed it shut. He yawned, deciding the kitchen would be the better to spend some time in, since the living room was next to the girls' room, so it'd wake them up if he chose that. Ash entered the kitchen, flipping the switch, the kitchen now dimly lit, he got himself a cup and got out an instant coffee, pouring the mixture to the cup, he thought about what he should do tomorrow.

He and Greninja didn't train today, and whatever their destiny was, Ash was too impatient to just sit around and wait for it to arrive. He had a case of itchy feet, let's say.

As the steam rose and the water bubbled, Ash quickly poured the water, just wanting to get that caffeine rush as soon as possible. As he got the coffee ready, Greninja came out of his ball, clearly sensing the stress his trainer was in. "(What's going on...?)" He croaked, concerned for his trainer, but also as a friend. "I... I'm just worried about what'll happen now that we're back, I just can't shake a feeling that something bad is about to happen." 

Greninja nodded. "(I understand, sit down for a while and see the sunrise, we'll train and you'll be better.)" Ash looked up at the ninja pokemon as he sat down, setting the coffee aside. "Whatever you say so, but I don't think it'll do much."

Greninja just sighed, picking up his ball and putting it to the desk, before he clicked it and went inside. Ash drank a little bit, before the consequences of his decision to not sleep after such a tiring day hit him like a truck. Caffeine usually took half an hour or so to hit his bloodstream, so he felt like he could fall asleep there any second. He took his phone out and started scrolling, endlessly just to see if he could waste time until the coffee started taking effect. He downed the rest of it in one go later on but as seconds turned into minutes, he was still pretty much sleepy and awake.

Ash cursed himself, for being so overthinkative on such stuff like this but it wasn't something he could help, for he had always been like this. He just put his head down on the desk, using his arms as a cushion and praying to fall asleep, even if it meant he'd have a sore neck tomorrow. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At that, Serena woke up from a dream of Ash again. Just as she was about to hold on to him, to reassure herself and calm down, he had disappeared just like the last one. She had no idea why the Ash in her dreams were non talkative after a certain point, leaving the dream after. She decided that it was probably a subconscious fear of... something, somehow but she didn't know what.

Just the idea of trying to disect the dreams she was having and the meaning behind them, gave her a headache. It couldn't possibly be from the wind she endured back when they left the movie theatre, no, she thought. "Only fools catch a cold like this..." So she decided to make some tea for herself, deciding that since it was already way past midnight, she might as well just pull an all nighter. 

She slowly got out of bed and creeped past Dawn, quietly making her way out of the door and into the corridor. As she rubbed her eyes and made sure she didn't hit her pinky on a wall or something in the dark, she realized the light to the kitchen was open. At first she thought it was maybe just forgotten but as she came closer, she realized someone was lying on the table. "...Huh, Ash?"