JeanMarco one-shot

I just got bored, so I made this JeanMarco one shot. Didn't want to put it on my anime one shot book cuz not many read that book.

*Jean's POV*

"Jean! Four meter Titan coming this way!" I heard Connie's voice screaming at me.

The Titan took me by the hand, about to devour me. That was until the Titan's hand was cut and I fell to the ground.

"Jean! What is wrong with you!?" Mikasa scolded, but it no longer affected me.

"I'm sorry...it's just...this is where... where..." My voice trailed off as my memories went back to place. Tears streamed sleepy from the eyes I never bothered to open.

"Marco died...this was where Marco died, I'm guessing..." Jaeger continued my answer.

"Yes Jaeger..." I said sarcastically as I slowly lifted myself up, "thanks a lot for being a killjoy and reminding me of everything I've been through in the past."

"Oh like you haven't done the same thing..." He scowled.

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, DO YOU, JAEGER!?" I took him by the neck, strangling him.

"JEAN, STOP!" Armin shrieked.

I let go of Eren's neck, and I did nothing but walk past my team, leaving.

I walked peacefully around the broken city of wall rose. Countless memories popped out of my head. The good ones, the bad ones...but...most were bad ones...

So sad, it was making the good memories sad. I couldn't help but imagine what happened to Marco, was he killed? Was his half eaten? Did he sacrifice himself for someone else? Did he...did he let himself get killed?

No, he wouldn't. Why would he do such a thing? I remember what he told me when I wanted to attempt suicide,

'Jean...suicide won't bring any peace. What will it accomplish?'

More tears fell from the eyes which darkened ever since I've seen...Marco's corpse. Nothing ever seemed to matter ever since that day, not even Mikasa.

I always see that look on Marco's face whenever I talk about my feelings for Mikasa in front of him. It wasn't jealousy, nor depression, it was worry.

He was worried that if get my heart broken, repeatedly. He knew Mikasa never loved me back, or even liked me back. She probably hates me because of how I acted to Eren.

But does it even matter? No. In fact, nothing matters anymore, now that my best friend's...gone. Although, it's as if he's more than my best friend...

I can't believe I didn't realize it sooner. I'm in love with Marco. I only liked Mikasa, but that wasn't compared to what I felt for Marco.

And it looks like this wasn't the first time I felt this way, and I was never afraid to tell anything to Marco, even if it would shock him. I should've told him sooner, then at least I would feel a little better than I am right now.

I remembered that time late at night when I was all alone and...he was there to help me...

*time lapse*

My head was lazily on the bed. I can't believe i have to share a room with all the boys in training. Not because it's noisy at day, but because it was so quiet at night.

To keep my boredom from increasing, I went straight to Marco's bed and poked him continuously while saying, "Psst... Marco...Marco..."

I kept doing so until he muttered tiredly, "Yes, Jean?"

"I can't sleep, and I don't want help sleeping. Can you stay up with me until dawn?"

"Sure..." He got up from his rest and sat down. "So, what now?"

"Can I ask help for something?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled.

"Why does Mikasa hate me so much?" I pouted.

"Why do you think that?"

"Because...she spends so much time with Jaeger, aka the boy I hate."

"Doesn't mean she hates you, I heard she thanked you for your compliment on her hair." He chuckled.

"That's not funny, Marco." I scowled, "I feel like I should kill myself before this situation gets any worse..."

"Jean...suicide won't bring any peace. Will it be worth it? What will it bring? What's its accomplishment?"

I sighed, "You're right. Sorry, I'm probably losing my mind right now."

"It's okay." He patted my back, "I'll always be there for you, no matter what."

"Thanks, Marco." I smiled, "You're the best."

*end of time lapse*

I'll never forget that night. He really taught me well. He is a bit older than me, but much smarter and wiser than I ever was, and that I'll ever be.

I wish I was there to save him, then he wouldn't have experienced his death, and I would've instead. I don't care how he died, I just didn't want him to.

I also wish I wasn't so hard on Marco during the first few days of training. I was being too hard on him, but he still stayed with me, and kept his promise.

My thoughts then went back not so deep into me head when a familiar voice interrupted my silence from behind,

"Hey, Jean."

I turned my head to the sound of the voice. It was Armin, and Eren.

"What are you doing here?" I turned my head away.

"We just want to talk, yeesh." Jaeger growled.

"Talk about what?"

"Your problem." Eren sneered.

Arming let out a deep sigh and elbowed his friend's arm, " what he meant to say is, you're going to far about your 'Marco' problem."

"But...you both said problem so...it's still offensive..." I trailed off. "And anyways, it's not a problem that I miss the only person who cared and understood about me."

"What if Mikasa died, what're you gonna do." Eren questioned.

"Why should I care? She's your problem, not mine."

"I thought you liked Mikasa..." Arming raised an eyebrow.

"I don't care anymore. Just leave me alone." I ran from the two, and I don't think they even bothered going after me.

When I went to my room, I sat and thought of nothing at all. Silence filled the entire room, that was until there was a knock on the door. The door opened, it was section commander Hange.

"Umm...Is this...Kirstein?" She asked.

I gave her nothing but a slow nod. She handed me a note, "We found this note under the roof of the old training place. It's from someone named...Marco Bott."

I hesitated when I heard that name. I took the letter and said nothing more. She left the room to give me some privacy, I began to read the note,

"Dearest Jean Kirstein,

I'm writing this the night of your graduation. I congratulate you for being in the top ten, I knew you were strong enough to earn that spot.

I'd like to thank you, for everything. For making me realize the world isn't always nice, and for staying by my side even if you didn't want to.

You were the best friend I've ever had. Well, actually more than that. You see, I actually like you more than a friend. I know it seems stupid, but...it's just how I feel.

I know you wouldn't feel the same, because you like Mikasa. Well, I decide to join the scouts instead of the military police. I just want to protect you from the Titans, to make sure you don't get hurt.

I'll always be there, Jean. Even if I die, I'll still be watching over you in heaven. I will always be there. ~Marco."