The Lucky Seventh

And now is where Marian finally appears, and a second mission is on the way.

===================================

It was the afternoon by the time we got back. We were inside the HQ Lobby, and I was being comforted by the girls, since I had been quiet for a while after we saw Marian.

"Are you okay, Commander?" Rapi asked, worryingly.

I could only shake my head in response, prompting her to hug me close.

"It's not like him to be so quiet." Yuni said.

"Well, who can blame him? This is much of a shock for him as it is for us." Anis added with a sad expression. "The last time we saw Marian, was when she had to go far away from the Ark."

"Then what is she doing here? In this world, no less?" Mihara asked.

"Maybe there's something HQ isn't telling us." Yuni replied. 

"That Malcolm person seems to know more than he's letting on." Neon added. "I know we can trust Miss Ingrid, but I have my doubts about him."

"No. I don't believe Malcolm is the type to keep others in the dark." Rapi said. "He's been very open to us so far, it wouldn't make sense for him to change his mind now."

"I wish I could do more to cheer our Commander up." Alice added as she sat next to me, holding my hand and kissing me on the cheek.

"I'm sure he appreciates your comfort, Alice."

As I looked down, I could hear two people walking in.

"Hey girls, what's with the long faces? Shouldn't you be happy to see me again?"

"Agreed. Do you want me to cheer you all up with some medicine?"

That got my attention, for those voices sounded familiar.

"Hey there, new guy! The name's Maxwell, leader of the engineering department for The Intervention Alliance

"Hey there, new guy! The name's Maxwell, leader of the engineering department for The Intervention Alliance. If your girls needs some enhancements, don't hesitate to call me."

'Oh boy...I pray she doesn't choose me for any favours!'

I pray she doesn't choose me for any favours!'