Chapter 2

'Ahn' is a measurement of time equal to seven Les (Days). Ahn Diver added this term to denote his third ahn at the Viper Dungeon.

- Sytheri's Book of Tongue

CHAPTER TWO

Thirteen years later, the once cowering twins no longer hide in the shadow of the Elverde. Vera no longer have to climb Verde as an excuse to call for Zeieri, and her grandfather surprisingly figured out that although the best thing to make her shift is to almost kill her, there are safer ways to do it. And believe it or not, after being torn and broken for more than thousands of times, breathing fire is now as easy as breathing air.

Yet not all times does she have to have scales instead of skin. It is an awareness most Sytherian know, but none have seen.

"We're almost there" Zeieri informed her as if she was a tourist to her own home - her second home. Vera held on to his spikes a little tighter than earlier not because he sped up flight, but because with every beat of his wings, her heart races in eagerness to see their family.

Aragon is a kingdom, hidden from the eyes of the unworthy where its citizens are with scales and wings – a place guided and ruled by Jhaigar, the king of dragons, together with Elepsus, the first and greatest rider to ever exist which happens to be Vera and Zeieri's great great great grandfather. He is the most influential rider making him the Elverde, the master of Dragons, and Jhaigar the Ether, or to put quite plainly, the king of all dragons.

Meanwhile, Sytheri lies in the heart of the northern land with all its kingdoms, and Aragon is invisible above the clouds on the western islands from Sytheri, over mountains and cliffs, nowhere to be seen from the naked eyes.

Zeieri and Vera lived above for as long as they can remember, Aveluz, their older brother visits once in a while with Karala to check and train with them but no matter how long the siblings wanted to stick together, they are well aware with their hearts that Zeieri and Vera belong to the skies while Aveluz "The King to Be" is destined to rule the land and seas.

To arrive at Sytheri from Aragon is a fortnight's travel nonstop, and thanks to Jhaigar's torture, Zeieri can go on an ahn with minimal resting period. They've been defying the winds for thirteen les and she can almost feel the salty breeze of Sytheri.

Vyra has wings herself, but she cannot shift, not when not all Sytherians know of this secret. Perhaps, many knows, but none spoke too much about their knowledge regarding the twins. They were always away, rarely visiting the palace, so rarely that roaming the streets of Sytheri to mingle around with the people was something they've done only once as part of their tradition when Argo was paraded into the whole kingdom.

Vyra narrowed her eyes when she heard a pair of wings flapping in the winds and she's almost certain that it's Aveluz. "Beat faster" she pleaded to Zeieri and as if on command, his massive wings raced through the clouds and it only took seconds before they spotted dark blue wings of a Columbus dragon reflecting the moon's light, and there between her wings sat the future king of Sytheri, their brother.

His dark blue eyes were wide at the site of his younger siblings, but his silver locks glinted with the moonlight, slightly carried by the wind as he approached the twins.

Karala let out a beastful roar of welcome, and Zeieri did just the same. "I've missed you!" Vyra shouted at Aveluz when they finally leveled each other. He smiled and nodded his head, signaling them to land on the nearest cliff.

Zeieri slowed down as he and Karala landed near the cliff, sending dry leaves spiraling in the air. Before Zeieri could rest his wings and land, Vyea was already sliding off of his tail and ran towards Aveluz. "You look like father now." She grinned when he enveloped her in his arms. "And you are almost a replica of Elverde" his grin was wider than hers.