Chapter 5

"Dragons are never lost for they only need to fly to see an entire continent's map.

If they're gone, it's because they intended to."

- Malik

CHAPTER FIVE

Maybe it was the pain, the lingering sorrow of what happened just moments ago, when she was ripped apart from the only people she knew on this world that made her completely go back to zero.

It was an extreme effort to run ahead of them, her legs becoming heavier each step she takes, but Thomas wasn't running at all, because Vyra was too slow. She pushed herself the best she could and it made her think she was actually having speed where in fact, she wasn't even able to get twelve feet away from them.

"There there," The familiar voice of Nomer came from behind her. Each step marks a beat of her heart, screaming in pure rage, her insignia heating and flaring but like a lion on a leash, she could not release my power, as if it was trapped and caged. "It's a bit too early for a stroll ey girl?"

Girl?

That should've been Vyra's first warning.

So foolish and naïve, she let herself believe that Thomas and Natalie would help her, but thinking back, shouldn't they have at least asked her name if their intentions were genuine?

Vyra gritted her teeth. Her nails scratching the leather gloves of Nomer who snatched the back of her head, forcing her to look at him..

"Anytime now." Having no idea of what Nomar wants to happen, Vyra was eaten by rage and fury. How dare him do this to me?

"Get. Off. Me." She snarled at him, all while kicking Thomas who is now grasping her legs, removing her shoes and trailing the skin underneath. Her eyes widened. "No! No!"

Nomer gripped her head even tighter, so hard she could swear a few more force would crack her fragile skull. His other two men were now on each of her shoulders, taking their time to remove the poor princess' upper garments.

A monster's laugh was all that echoed in her ears, when Nomer started kissing her hair, savoring each strand like a meal, grinning and stopping to look at her disgusted face as tears escaped her eyes. "Such a shame for that beauty, too shameful if I let you go untouched". He grinned, his thick brows covered small scars from scratches, his left eye has no white, but only red, his biceps covered in dirt, some open wounds, and his rotten teeth, he purposely showed them to her.

Slowly, the man with malice caressed Vyra's cheeks as he attempts to lean for a kiss, he does that while he mocks her screams and his men laughed with him, praising him and cheering him like an idol. She felt a bone crack in her spine, my insignia, she could feel it, yet she is aware of its emptiness. It's like her power is there but something else is pulling it entirely, leaving nothing for her.

But Vyra reminded herself she need not to shift to kill these hideous monsters, incineration will do. She just needs to at least summon her flames.

The surge of power must've been obvious because suddenly, they stopped, and all they could do was stare at her when her hair glowed in the dark, an exact replica of a burning fire. Vyra's fear turned into rage, and she smirked at them, eyed them one by one, and watched how carefully they let go of her, each taking a step, backing away.

She could feel the tension on her body, the urge and need to exhale fire, rage and fury fueling her body, and she moved her fingers, stood great and mighty, but this time, Nomer was smiling like a fool.

And before Vyra could register what was really happening, white smoke erupted her vision, almost immediately, her power drained once more, like the same feeling earlier, her breath was being sucked from her. She gasped and held her throat. Her fingers trembled and she truly could not breathe, her hands weak, her legs – she could not move, and the only thing she could feel was the pain on her back. The hard cobblestones big and small hit every part of her skin.

It shouldn't hurt as much, but Vyra could feel every number of stones and she was conscious about the waves of pain it sent in her system, like sharp thorns of a rose, piercing into the skin of her back.

"That's all Nomer?" A female voice. Not Natalie, because Natalie, she's now on the ground with Vyra, bathed in her own blood, her neck severed and on her right hand is a pouch of mistdust.

"M-my lady I..." For a moment, Vyra was almost satisfied by every trembling words of Nomer, but she don't have the energy to even manage a smile, not when each ticking of the clock brings her closer to death. "My squire, she... you saw what she did."

"And what did she do exactly?" The female was starting to sound annoyed. Vyra blinked her eyes to where the voice was coming from, but the surroundings were a blur.

There are murmurs everywhere and there are now lights on the surroundings, but she couldn't even make out any shape. The least and only thing she can do is listen.

"It's mistdust... Natalie, my squire she poured it to the girl, -" None of what he's saying was making sense but he continued, more straightened and composed this time. "When I found her, there was something in her... I could tell she was different. Give her rest and I'll show you ag-"

"Enough!" The female ordered, "You made me wait three days for this?" There was a long silence but Vyra could feel the tension between them, the murmurs getting louder.

The auburn-haired girl started to feel more conscious, hating herself for not being able to move, not being able to know what the fuck is happening.

"Kill him." That was all Vyra heard before Nomer screamed endlessly, pleading and begging the woman to spare his life.

"Kill him! Kill him!"

"End with it!"

The crowd cheered, but then it stopped.

Vyra tried to lift her eyelid to see what was going on but her body failed her.

However, despite of her body being weak, she could still sense that even when there is a complete silence around her, none left, everyone is still there.

For a short while, all Vyra could hear was the bristle of trees before the steps came.

"Such a lovely show." It was man's voice, deep and baritone. With nothing but his voice cracking the silence, the wind seemed to carry the melody of his voice to her, vibrating into her ears and throbbing into her head. "And such a lovely lady." His steps became louder and louder.

He stopped beside Vyra, and she was dying to move, to get away from here, to just seclude herself from all of this, and heal before she fulfills what needs to be done.

The silence only lasted so long when the man said, "I'll take her." The female spoke against it and the crowd yelled and cheered again but there was no arguing from the man's tone.

She felt her cheeks and her left arm brush against something hard and silky before all the weight on her body disappeared and she dared not to allow unconsciousness take her, not when she was on someone else's arm and if she weren't so familiar with this feeling, she know that right now, they're flying through the skies.

The dawn was breaking and the light from up the skies helped her see a little clearer and she tilted her head to the strange man's face but she was only able to make up a small diamond on one of his teeth and a curl on his lips. "Sweet nightmares." Was all he said.