Chapter 6

"Female high faes takes hundreds or even thousands of years to bear a child,

to have two born in a day is a blessing from the Stars"

- Heithala Auridx

CHAPTER SIX

Vyra's back ached from where she laid, the mattress was as hard as stone, a cool breeze touches her face from time to time, her feet bare and her breathing was uneven – thanks to the fact that she was fully awake but couldn't move. She can't even open her eyelid for Star's sake.

Rolling her eyes from time to time, because it's the only thing she's able to do, Vyra can only think of what just happened since she left Sytheri.

There had been whispers in the room, she was not alone no, people walk here and there and faint whispers made her patch up puzzles one by one. But in this strange place filled with strange people, she felt a different breeze of air surrounding her, caressing her and for some reason, she can't quite feel properly, but she knows that she is wrapped by what she can only describe as mist of warmth. It's a feeling she can't explain, like her brain only imagines it and hers senses follow.

"She's the new recruit."

"A commoner, wielding fire."

"Nomer put her on quite a show."

If Vyra could fist her hands right now she would, but she still imagined herself doing so. Nomer, that liar of a man, a manipulator through and through. She should've burned the other side of his face to make it even. And that Thomas... To be honest, she's never been betrayed but she sure was trained and made for this, and having been fooled so easily made her question her own capabilities.

Was she only good because she memorized all the challenges posed on her? Are all her trained skills lies?

She cringed as she thought her grandfather and Zeieri would be so ashamed.

Moments later, her helpless body began to be a little less helpless. Her arms were still numb but she could slightly feel the touch of a calloused hand, and faint whispers signifying that she's with company, not just some by passers but some real company.

A damp warm cloth was spread to cover her whole head making her uneven breathing even worse. "Poison." A low female voice said, talking to someone other than her. A bit of moment and mumbling later, Vyra felt a cold shower of ice and water all over her body. With a piece of cloth over her face plus her inability to move, she was drowning!

She doesn't know where all the water was coming from but it sure felt like a never-ending water-fall.

Vyra's skin started to slowly feel hard and she could feel her whole-body ache in stiffness. As her chest rose and fell abnormally, the murmurs turned into shouts and one booming sound echoed in to whatever room she was, and the water finally stopped.

"Are you dumb? You're killing her." Says a man from a distance. His voice rasp with a bit of accent and she could easily make out his exhaustion. There was a moment of silence where she could only hear his footsteps coming closer and closer.

"You're not serious cap, she can't be on our team she's only going to weigh us down." Says another male voice, a deeper more dangerous tone.

"She's already in our team so her death will cost us scores. Do you know how flamefyres are worth?" Another voice from another male, a higher pitch but firm and bold. The tension in the room made Vyra want to at least see these people but they didn't bother to take off the damp cloth covering her face.