│4│Randelle's Adversity

Randelle's mind had been persistently occupied with thoughts of wintertime lately. The cozy feeling of joy and comfort that the season brought was something that he just couldn't shake off. However, he also carried a lingering memory of the ill-fated pantomime that had occurred during his last winter season, which he found hard to forget.

One morning, Randelle woke up to a startling sight of a lime lying on his bedside table. The citrus fruit seemed to be glaring back at him, its bright green color contrasting with the dullness of the room. The sight left Randelle feeling uneasy and somewhat isolated. He was experiencing a sense of solace, but it didn't seem to be enough to take his mind off the pantomime, which had left a deep mark on his psyche.

Throughout the day, Randelle experienced a series of unusual events that left him feeling perplexed and disoriented. As he was walking down the street, he stumbled upon a shiny dime that caught his attention. Although it seemed like a small and insignificant discovery, it triggered a strange sensation in Randelle, making him feel like he had lost his sense of wonder and optimism. The situation felt somewhat bleak, and he couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that lingered in his mind.

However, his memory was still vividly marked by the pantomime he had witnessed the previous night, and he found himself daydreaming about the colorful characters and their whimsical performance.

Minnie, who had noticed Randelle's troubled state, tried to distract him from his thoughts by engaging him in a conversation about enzymes and their properties. She suggested that his mind had become too preoccupied with the lack of snow and that he needed to shift his focus to something else that could spark his curiosity and imagination.

However, Randelle continued to be lost in thought and eventually decided to take a break from his daily routine by planning a maritime adventure. He felt that the wintertime had become more like a toxic mollusk and that he needed to break free from its negative hold, even though he could never forget the pantomime.

Randelle's attempts to move on from the past seemed futile as he found himself turning down every invitation that came his way. His days were now filled with a sense of aimlessness, devoid of any purpose. The memories of wintertime and the pantomime had taken a firm hold on him, refusing to let go and leaving him feeling haunted by the past.

~