1. date night

choi san stared at the time on his laptop, his leg bouncing up and down as he impatiently waited for the work day to end. it was date night and he planned on taking his girlfirend, jiyeon out for dinner at a popular restaurant.

it had been a never-ending work week, filled with countless assignments and mountains of paperwork that needed to be completed. san had hardly spent any time with jiyeon, so it was safe to say he was more than just excited for this dinner.

tonight was also a good opportunity for san to just talk to jiyeon. since things have really picked up at the company, he was seeing jiyeon less and less and it was starting to strain their relationship. he could feel it every time jiyeon had to practically beg him to go on dates with her. it wasn't that he didn't want to, he just simply couldn't find the time. if he wasn't drowning in work, he was in bed, trying to catch up on his sleep. it came to a point where jiyeon had stopped asking, tired of the repeated "rain checks" san kept taking.

time dragged on as san constantly checked the clock. his phone buzzed, and he quickly glanced at a message from jiyeon, saying she was ready for him to pick her up. the moment the clock hit 5, san jumped up from his seat, swiftly packed his things, and rushed to the elevator.

inside the elevator, san frantically pressed the close button, as if it would close any faster.

"hold on!"

just as the elevator doors were about to close, a shoe stopped it open. san groaned in irritation. he rushed to the elevator in hopes that he would avoid all his co-workers filling it up .

"just a few seconds..." san muttered to himself in annoyance.

"where are you headed? got a hot date tonight?" his co-worker and best friend, yunho jokingly asked as he entered the elevator.

san lifted his chin up at yunho with an unamused look on his face, "actually, yes. i'm taking jiyeon to that fancy restaurant downtown".

yunho raised his eyebrows as the elevator began its descent from the 25th floor, "the michelin one?" he let out a low whistle, "that's gonna leave more than a dent in your wallet".

san squinted at yunho, "well yeah, but i haven't seen her in a while so i wanted to take her somewhere special".

"is she still mad at you?" yunho asked, referring to last weekend when san cancelled their 4th year anniversary date that jiyeon spent months planning since san was too busy at work.

"i don't think so?" san scratched the back of his neck, a bit unsure. "i mean, she seemed excited about tonight, so..". the elevator dinged, indicating that they had reached the lobby. the two men walked out together, breathing in the springtime breeze as they headed towards the parking garage.

"well hopefully all goes well. just don't fuck up this time" yunho patted san's shoulder in reassurance and climbed into his car.

san sighed, watching yunho drive off before making his way to his own car. the evening sun cast a warm glow over the city, and a mix of anticipation and nerves settled in as he headed towards jiyeon's apartment complex. sure, jiyeon seemed happy when san intially presented the idea of taking her out but after his conversation with yunho, he felt a bit skeptical. he wanted to make this night special for jiyeon and hopefully reslove their issues.

jiyeon was already outside the complex, waiting for san. as soon as he saw jiyeon, he relaxed a bit after seeing a small smile on her face. he stepped out of the car and walked around it to open jiyeon's door for her.

"hey" san smiled at her as she stood up and walked towards him.

"hey" she softly replied, with a glint of excitement in her eyes. it seemed to san that they'd be just fine. while driving to the restaurant, they shared a bit of small talk and the incident of last week wasn't brought up once.